Caller name id
cronraptor
Enthusiast - Level 3

I recently signed up for VZW's caller name id and thought it wasn't working.  Based on my research, it does work but it basically just quickly flashes the caller Id information, rendering it useless.  Has anybody found a way to lengthen the display time of the screen?

0 Likes
Re: Caller name id
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello cronraptor!

Thanks for the post! I can understand needing enough to time to view the Caller ID info with that feature! Is this on your outgoing calls to landlines that the Caller ID only appears for a few seconds, or are you having issues with incoming Caller ID?

Let us know so we can assist!

Katie H
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
cronraptor
Enthusiast - Level 3

Incoming IDs (there's outgoing caller ID?).  I get the number, but any additional information flashes momentarily before going to the standard Android call screen that has only the number.  From what I've read on the other community forums this is a known issue with Android phones, but did not find any resolution.

whitecollar
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have this issue also. A "network message" flashes on my phone (Droid 4) telling me the name of the caller, but if I do not happen to be looking at the phone right then I miss it and it doesn't seem to be recorded anywhere.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the clarification Cronraptor!

The Share Name ID feature would only affect the way your personal Caller ID displays for others. For example if you set it up and call me I would see your configuration on my display.

Here is some information on Share Name ID: http://bit.ly/U2nNNe

As you and Whitecollar mentioned you're experiencing an issue with incoming calls displaying name information briefly and then disappearing.

I tested this myself and the name and number did remain on my screen until I answered or ignored the call.

Are you perhaps using a third party calling application?

Please advise!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
cronraptor
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tested this myself and the name and number did remain on my screen until I answered or ignored the call.

Could we see a screenshot?  Might give us a clue.

Are you perhaps using a third party calling application?

Stockedy stock stock stock (that would be a no).

0 Likes
whitecollar
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm not using a third party application.  I want to make very sure that we're talking about the same thing.  I don't mean seeing the name of the person if they're in my contacts.   That stays ups the whole time.  I mean a little box that says "Network Message" and has the name of the person in it.  That goes away. 

0 Likes
artinae

My caller id is not working either. The only caller ids that do show up are those that are in my contacts. I do not know what to do about this. Any suggestions?? I did get recently get a new phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Caller ID is a vital phone function, artinae. Let's make sure we get those on your phone. What device do you have? When you do not have a contact listed what shows when someone attempts to contact your?

RobinD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cronraptor
Enthusiast - Level 3

artinae, this thread was created for the HTC Rezound.  Is your new phone where caller ID is not working a Rezound?  If not, what phone do you have?  My research, low these many years ago now, indicated this was a general Android problem, and as I just recently replaced my Rezound I'd like to know if newer phones are still experiencing the problem before I waste more $$$ on caller ID only to discover it still doesn't work right.

(As an editorial aside, I liked the Rezound and only replaced it because it became flaky.  I'm disappointed it lasted only four years as I tend to keep phones around ten years, but then I imagine my treatment was a little more rough than most and these are probably a little more touchy than the old flip phones.  My extreme disappointment is that HTC stopped updating it at only two years old.  I will not buy another HTC product, nor will I buy another Samsung product as mine stopped being updated after only ONE year.  Hopefully LG won't earn my enmity, but LG and VZW better hop on the Marshmallow bugs being found pretty darn quickly.)

0 Likes