Can anyone verify update has helped ANY issues?
AZSALUKI
Legend

that's all. i've seen what it is supposed to do or fix, but am just wondering if anyone has actually noticed anything that the update truly improved?????

0 Likes
Re: Can anyone verify update has helped ANY issues?
buddylats

It did not improve the Weather Widget location problem.  I live in Port Chester, NY but according to the Weather Widget I am somewhere in Estonia.  Of course any apps that I have that require an accurate location are now useless because this update hasn't fixed this problem.:smileymad:

0 Likes
pat3332
Contributor - Level 2

It definitely improved my GPS, both the strength and the speed of getting a fix. I've never been able to get a fix in my house before, but now I get one within 5 seconds and it's also very accurate. Reports on the improvements have definitely been inconsistent however. I've been surprised at the number of complaints about the TBolt since the slow GPS was about the only problem I've had. My weather data has always been accurate and except for the one outage, my 4G when tethered to my laptop has been excellent.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

that's just it pat.....mine has been fine too (except for slow gps and audio when recording video). it makes me hesitant to install the update. i'm hoping to see a lot of good feedback here because so far, i haven't seen much. for now, i'm not installing it until i'm confident that it's worth it.

0 Likes
philhyde
Enthusiast - Level 2

Regarding GPS, if anything, it's worse for me.  I have posted several times about this, but I have experienced times when I could not get a lock (while driving).  This is where the medium blue circle stays around my location.  

I live near downtown Houston, and this afternoon it seems to be working (on my drive home and at home).  However, I work on the West side of town, and this earlier this afternoon it was not working at all.   Since that time, all I did was turn all location services off and then back on when I left work.

I'm getting quite frustrated with this problem.  A week or so after I purchased the phone, I took it back to the store and the manager recommended a hard reset.  At the time that seemed to work, but not too long after (past the 14 day return point) it started acting up again.  

Usually my solution to get it working again is to reboot.  Until the update it seemed to be working OK.  I use another program (iMapMyRide) to use GPS to map my bike rides.  I used that application with my previous two phones - Nexus One and Nexus S, and never had this kind of issue.  With the Thunderbolt, iMapMyRide reports inconsistent results, and often the indicator is YELLOW for marginal GPS signal (instead of GREEN).

I was very hopeful that this update would fix the GPS as advertised, but it doesn't see so.  Not for me, at least.

0 Likes
pat3332
Contributor - Level 2

This is strange to me because of the different and inconsistent results everyone is getting from the same firmware update on the same phone. I can see getting better results, but I'm having trouble understanding why some like myself are seeing big improvements while some are seeing not only no improvement, but their phone is functioning worse than it did before the update. That would really be frustrating.

0 Likes
ellej

the update made it worse for me to get onto internet without wi fi

0 Likes
brutethunder

I lost 3g so i cant use my hotspot anymore. Gps is taking about 60 sec. to locate also.

0 Likes
brutethunder

I lost 3g so i cant use my hotspot anymore. Gps is taking about 60 sec. to locate also.

0 Likes
bearx16
Contributor - Level 1

I updated with the following results:

Pros

1.  Maps/Navigation, GPS locks on in less than 10 seconds and shows my location accurately.

2.  Weather Widget location is still to early to tell.  It shows location accurately now but did not have an opportunity to check it as I traveled today.

Cons

1.  My Verizon APP still does not work

That is about it I did not have an real major issues.  Would still like to have Gallery access my Picasa pictures but I can live with Picasa Tools to access them.

I need to send a mms to see if it works, sms is working just fine.

0 Likes