Re: Can anyone verify update has helped ANY issues?
fanman2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was INTERMITTENTLY having a few of the GPS issues, weather location issues, and 3G data connectivity issues so many of you were having....and all in all, was (and still am) VERY pleased with my Thunderbolt.

I can without a doubt, honestly say that it is the BEST 3G phone I have ever owned...inclding the original Droid, Droid X and the Samsung CRAPinate.

I don't live in a 4G area, but have travelled in a 4G areas and the 4G data speeds (with 2 or 3 bars) are easily as good as, and in many cases, far better than Big Red advertises...AND...my phone (on WiFi) is just as fast as, if not faster than my Toshiba SATELLITE laptop that has a QUAD CORE processer when it's operating on my VZW wireless LAN in my house.

The ONLY new problem I am having since downloading the upgrade on May 12...is that my phone now randomly turns off and immediately turns back on...sometimes when I'm in the middle of a call or writing an email or text, which is a real pain in the butt.

I just performed a Hard Reset (turned the phone off, removed the battery, removed the SIM card, let the phone sit naked for a few minutes, then re-installed the SIM card, re-installed the battery, re-installed the battery cover, and turned the phone on).  It has only been a few minutes since I did that, so I don't know if that "fixed" this new sporadic off/on problem.

I'll post more when I know more.

0 Likes
Chiripo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would love to tell that it solved any issues for me but the phone has been working fine since day one.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Things the update addressed:

Web Browsing and Data Access

+ Enhanced data connectivity when accessing the Verizon network. I was getting a 1-2 second disappearance of the 3G symbol on occasion.  It wasn't enough to bother me.  I have seen two since the update.  One right after and another close to 24 hours later.  They have always refreshed themselves for me.  I haven't seen any today, but I am on wifi mostly today.

Email and Messaging

+ SMS and MMS messages are stored properly in the Messaging

Application (Inbox, Sent, etc.). I haven't noticed anything different about this.  Didn't have any problems before.

Additional Device Features

+ Timing for device activation has been improved. N/A

+ “Backup Assistant” is correctly displayed in the Application menu.  N/A

+ Stability improvements for data centric applications such as

Facebook, KAYAK, Yahoo! Mail, My Verizon and more. Have never used the apps listed here on the Tbolt.  Did try the My Verizon app from the Market and it is still broke.  Not that that is big deal to me since I still won't use it.

+ Accurate location is displayed when accessing the Weather Widget. It was never broke for me and it is working still.

+ Quickly load GPS updates for Google Maps and VZ Navigator™. It took about a minute to lock onto Maps yesterday.  It was cloudy that day.  The GPS Test said that ten satellites were In View and In Use.  The map locked shortly after I checked the GPS Test app.  I leave my GPS on all the time, but I don't use the Google Maps on a daily basis or weekly basis. After it was locked it stayed locked and my other GPS centric app soon popped on and ran in the background as designed.

I have not had a single reboot since the update was applied.  Nor I have turned off the phone on purpose.  I am currently using the extended battery and was also on the day I got the update.  In a few days I might go back to the standard battery and see how that goes.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
aldap
Enthusiast - Level 2

Made it worse. The OTA that was pushed was buggy to begin with. Battery life has suffered, and my phone reboots to the point of being worthless. If VZW can let me out of contract that would be a start, but I am not holding my breath.

I will settle for a fix for the fix.

0 Likes
OldJarhead

I did the update (Baseband version 1.16.00.0402w_1)  OTA  lastnight. Nothing but problems immediately afterward.

Rebooting

Txting not working

Internet not working

Corporate e-mail not ccoming thru

Had to go to the local Verizon wireless store. The first tiem at about 11AM he did a master reset. Evrything seemed to be ok so I left. 30 min later I tried to send a txt msg. Same problems again. Took it back. Same tech was there. He put some "fixes" in. Said he got them off the HTC forum they have access too..

Six hours later and its still working and hasn't rebooted. Not going to personalize my phone until Sunday. Just in case I have to go back again.

Tech said that HTC was "looking into" the update issues that were popping up.

This HTC 4G LTE phone really sucks up the battery !

Good luck!

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

buddylats wrote:

It did not improve the Weather Widget location problem.  I live in Port Chester, NY but according to the Weather Widget I am somewhere in Estonia.  Of course any apps that I have that require an accurate location are now useless because this update hasn't fixed this problem.:smileymad:

Do you have the built in GPS turned on, if you are using assited it will use trianglation of towers to locate you and this is useless, also do you realize it is wiser to just set location because the location feature pulls a good amount of battery because GPS will always be working to update location/  Just a thought.

0 Likes
Torch162

***Edited to add: FIXED. This post could be deleted. Using the settings to clear the camera app's data fixed the problem.

After applying the update, does anyone else's camera app force close when switching to the front-facing camera?

"Sorry! The appication Camera (process com.android.camera) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. [Force Close]"

I didn't have any problem before the update, and no other changes have been made and nothing else was installed besides the update.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Torch162 wrote:

***Edited to add: FIXED. This post could be deleted. Using the settings to clear the camera app's data fixed the problem.

After applying the update, does anyone else's camera app force close when switching to the front-facing camera?

"Sorry! The appication Camera (process com.android.camera) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. [Force Close]"

I didn't have any problem before the update, and no other changes have been made and nothing else was installed besides the update.

Another reason that explains why I hard reset before a major update..

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend
I'm thinkin I will just skip the update. Looks like more flaws than fixes! My only real complaint is the audio when recording and I have yet to see if that was even actually fixed?
0 Likes
TBoltOwner
Contributor - Level 1

Update hasn't improved anything for me.  Though I haven't had it reboot on me, there is absolutely no improvement in GPS locking in...just tried it nad it took over 2 minutes...and accessing text messages lags like a horse dragging a plow through a molasses...suh-low...

The update also reset the ringtones I had designated for certain people.

0 Likes