Can't get rid of visual voicemail prompt and have no voicemail notifications
jkestrell

I recently got the HTC One. When I click on voicemail I get screen prompting me to sign up for visual voicemail--I don't want it and can't seem to get rid off it! Also, I don't get any notification of voicemails other than icon for visual voicemail--no number or signal that I have voicemail. How do I fix these problems?

0 Likes
Re: Can't get rid of visual voicemail prompt and have no voicemail notifications
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are referring to the "Voicemail" icon in the app drawer, that is only for Visual Voicemail. You don't use that icon to access your basic voicemail.

You should be getting an symbol in the notification bar for a new voicemail. You touch the notification to call the voicemail system. Otherwise you can dial *86 to access the basic voicemail.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Can't get rid of visual voicemail prompt and have no voicemail notifications
jkestrell

Thanks Ann. On the notification bar I get a beep and a symbol (upside down

eyeglasses). When I pull down msg says "voicemail activities received.

Select to log in to visual voicemail" (I don't have). That takes me to sign

in page for visual voicemail. When I cancel out of thatit goes to the

screen in msgs under voicemail: Visual voice mail...$2.99 and No voice

mail. Should't this register I have a voice mail? It is especially annoying

because I don't always get good reception so I might not get a missed call

message. Any help appreciated!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What happens when you manually dial *86 to access the voicemail? Did you setup your voicemail when you got the phone? You need to set up your voicemail if you recently switched from the iPhone or another carrier.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jkestrell

My Voicemail was already set up from old phone. I can get my voicemail.

Just don't really know when I have any!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jkestrell,

We are here to save the day and get those notifications going! It sounds like there may be a miscommunication somewhere between our system sending the notification and your phone receiving it. The good news is the fix may be a really easy to do! Following the instructions for your specific area here: http://vz.to/1f9uB29 you should be able to call *86 and turn the Notifications off in your Personal Options. Then, turn off your phone, remove the SIM, wait about 10 minutes, put the SIM in, turn your phone on, and call your voicemail to turn the Notifications back on. Keep us posted and let us know if this fixes it.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kevinTrusheim

1.  settings

2.  apps

3. app mgr

4.  ALL.....got to go to this.  For Samsung galaxy s5....to get to the slide bar at top and drag to the right to you come to ALL.

Stuff cannot be turned off unless you bring it up in the "ALL" category.

Go to voicemail hit force stop.

OR

Go to your app voice mail....hold down slide to top bar  app info hit force stop.

I just don't know how to delete app...it wont allow

0 Likes