Can't seem to change the ringback tone on new Thunderbolt!?!
dorie4316

Got the Thunderbolt yesterday and it came loaded with something classical as a ringback tone. Can't find where to change it or delete it.  Not the best quality sound for callers to listen to. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't seem to change the ringback tone on new Thunderbolt!?!
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

Hello everyone. I truly apologize for not providing the steps you requested. Listed below is information for how to change your Ringback tones.

HOW TO CHANGE YOUR DEFAULT RINGBACK TONE 

1.        Go to www.verizonwireless.com,  click on Entertainment and Apps and click Ringtones tones to the right
2.        Sign in using your User ID and password that you created for “My Verizon”.
3.        Hover over “Manage”, then click on “My ringback tones”
4.        All of your Ringback Tones will appear as icons. Simply left-click the Ringtone you wish to be your default and drag it to the “My Default” category located on the right-hand side.

HOW TO ASSIGN A RINGBACK TONE TO A SPECIFIC PHONE NUMBER

In order to assign a Ringback Tone to a specific number, you will first need to add the number to your Ringback Tone Contact list. To do so, please follow the steps below:

1. After you have signed in using your “My Verizon” user ID and password information, click on the link that reads “My Ringback Tones”.
2. Click on the “Contacts” tab, located in the upper right-hand corner.
3. Click on the “New Contact” tab and type the person’s name and phone number in the fields provided.
4. Click on the Ringback Tone icon that you want to assign to this caller, and drag it to their name. (To remove it, simply click on the Ringback Tone icon on the Contact name and drag it back to the Ringback Tone section. Doing so, will change the Ringback Tone to the Default tone that you currently have active.)

HOW TO SET-UP AND ASSIGN A JUKEBOX AS YOUR DEFAULT RINGBACK TONE

1. After you have signed in using your “My Verizon” user ID and password information, click on the link that reads “My Ringback Tones”.
2. Click on the tab that reads “New Jukebox”.
3. Left-click and drag the Ringback Tone you wish to play in your Jukebox to one of the empty white boxes on the right-hand side of your screen. Continue this step for each Ringback Tone you wish to assign to this Jukebox.
4. To assign your Jukebox as the Default Ringback Tone selection, and the tracks will play in random order, click and drag the icon to the “My Default” section of the page.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
cwlehman

I totally agree with you. And I've been on the internet trying to find or even buy "ringback" tones for this phone. But I keep running into ringtones. There's gotta be a way to change that.

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

Listed below are directions to change the ringtone on your Thunderbolt.

1. From the Home screen, select the applications tab (lower-left corner).

2. Select Settings.

3. Select Sound.

4. Select Phone Ringtone.

5. Select the ringtone then select Apply.

Additionally, you can access our online store to purchase ringtones for your Thunderbolt. I have listed the link below to access our  Entertainment and Apps store/Media Center.

http://products.verizonwireless.com/index.aspx?id=fnd

Also, listed below are steps to save the ringtones once you have purchased it from our website and receive the tone via text message. 

--If you have a ringtone sent to your device from Media Center, please follow the steps below:

• Open the message
  • Hold down until you get Options
  • Select Save Audio  (your device does not have save as ringtone)
  • Once that is done, go into your music file > Open song
  • Select Menu
  • Select More
  • Select Set As Ringtone

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Exactly how does changing the RINGTONE affect the RINGBACK tone that is controlled by Verizon's servers?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

Hello everyone. I truly apologize for not providing the steps you requested. Listed below is information for how to change your Ringback tones.

HOW TO CHANGE YOUR DEFAULT RINGBACK TONE 

1.        Go to www.verizonwireless.com,  click on Entertainment and Apps and click Ringtones tones to the right
2.        Sign in using your User ID and password that you created for “My Verizon”.
3.        Hover over “Manage”, then click on “My ringback tones”
4.        All of your Ringback Tones will appear as icons. Simply left-click the Ringtone you wish to be your default and drag it to the “My Default” category located on the right-hand side.

HOW TO ASSIGN A RINGBACK TONE TO A SPECIFIC PHONE NUMBER

In order to assign a Ringback Tone to a specific number, you will first need to add the number to your Ringback Tone Contact list. To do so, please follow the steps below:

2. Click on the “Contacts” tab, located in the upper right-hand corner.
3. Click on the “New Contact” tab and type the person’s name and phone number in the fields provided.
4. Click on the Ringback Tone icon that you want to assign to this caller, and drag it to their name. (To remove it, simply click on the Ringback Tone icon on the Contact name and drag it back to the Ringback Tone section. Doing so, will change the Ringback Tone to the Default tone that you currently have active.)

HOW TO SET-UP AND ASSIGN A JUKEBOX AS YOUR DEFAULT RINGBACK TONE

2. Click on the tab that reads “New Jukebox”.
3. Left-click and drag the Ringback Tone you wish to play in your Jukebox to one of the empty white boxes on the right-hand side of your screen. Continue this step for each Ringback Tone you wish to assign to this Jukebox.
4. To assign your Jukebox as the Default Ringback Tone selection, and the tracks will play in random order, click and drag the icon to the “My Default” section of the page.

0 Likes