Can you hear me.....AKRON,OHIO
deeaal

I bought the thunderbolt it worked fine for about a day, now about eight times a day the person on the other line cannot hear me. I hear them perfectly fine. This happens when I am on 4G and 3G , both if I make a call or they call me. They say they can hear when I first talk then nothing. I am from the Akron Ohio area is anyone else having this trouble. I took it to Verizon retailer they first told me it was probably a app so deleted all apps. It still does this, then I called tech support they did a few things but it still did it. Took it back to Verizon retailer and they totally swapped the phone for a new one, The new one also does it. Called tech support again and they did a ticket on the phone after every call that could not hear me I had to dial ###send to tag it. They said they would call me back in 24 to 48 hours but that has past and my 14 days are up tomorrow. I love the phone and all the functions but I have to have a cell phone that people can hear me on. Is anyone else in the Akron area having the same problem?

0 Likes
Re: Can you hear me.....AKRON,OHIO
george282828

I have the same problem.  50% of the time, the other side cannot hear me, but I can hear them clearly.  I call tech support, and changed to a new phone, but to no avail.  There is a problem ticket out there, same situation as you, the said 24 - 72 hours they will call me back, but didn't.  I called them yesterday, they say it will take another three days to research the problem, I heard one of the tech said it may be the 4G.  I am now switch back to my BB Tour.  But have paid for the TB.  Crap!!

0 Likes
Re: Can you hear me....AKRON,OHIO
deeaal

Update..I had a ticket in I called them back on my 13 day of having the thunderbolt they told me they believed it to be a tower but they would have to send someone out and it would take a few days. I returned the phone since I was still in the 14 day period. Told them I love how fast the internet was, but what good does the phone do me if I can't have a conversation. Went back to my old phone and will wait it out to see if this problem is fixed. Would appreciate any updates of people in the Akron area so I will know when or if it will be safe to buy the Thunderbolt again. Thanks for the update

0 Likes
TheMiz
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have had this same problem with a Droid 2G but not 100% IT WASN'T on the other persons end.  I am in Massillon so we are not too far apart.  

I have stopped by my local store about a weak signal and was told "Oh thats because we are near Jackson Township and they don't allow any towers so we will not get good service now why in in 11 years havent they told me this before ?   BTW they told me I

could now upgrade to a new phone and they suggested the Thunderbolt ( keep in mind I get ONE and Zero bars with my 3G service) then told me 4G is the futher but it wouldn't be in our area till the Winter .

0 Likes
george282828

Anybody got any idea what Verizon is doing about this problem?  I got my third Thunderbolt 3 days ago and still have the same problem.  I can hear them, they can't hear me.  Very frustrating.  I lost business due to this issue.  I like the phone but what's the use if I can use it to make calls?  Tech support have ask me to uninstall the battery, and sim card. That seems to work for half a day and problem starts again.  But who can keep uninstalling a battery, this is redculous. One tech said there isa setting to uninstalling all data and all apps.  Who have time to do all this and how many times a day?  This doesn't make sense.  HELP!!!

0 Likes
deeaal

I also took mine to Verizon and they did a data and app block, they thought that worked but sure enough it started back. I really liked the phone and would consider buying it again if they can fix the problem. What good does a phone do you if you can't make calls. Please keep us posted on your development with the problem you are having on your phone. Has tech support stated a ticket on your phone. They did on mine and when I called in on the 13 day they told me if I decided to keep it past the 14 days and they could not fix the problem they would have to let me out of contract without a early termination fee, because they could not provide service in a area. I decided to return it and wait to see if the problem is fixed. Keep us posted, thanks

0 Likes