Can you help with battery charging issues?
_mike

My Tbolt (just out of warranty) won't recharge to 100% (green light).  I tried wall charge, USB from computer charge,  and car charge all to no avail.  Sometimes it charges most of the way to 80%+, but often it doesn't recharge at all even though the charging light and indicator are on.  Wifi, bluetooth, and mobile broadband are all turned off.  Verizon tech support suggested trying a different battery charge indicator app from Google Play and then disabling the existing battery minder.  I installed the app but see no way to disable the original charge software.  Does anyone know how to disable that charge minder?  Any other suggestions for fixing this problem?  I know I'm not alone--numerous people in the forums have fought it and gotten refurb phones from Verizon under warranty.

0 Likes
Re: Can you help with battery charging issues?
TheSiggo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Try a replacement battery...  Amazon has them under $10...

0 Likes
_mike

I neglected to say in my first post that I did get a replacement battery but the problem was unchanged.

Thanks though!

@mike

0 Likes
JRAHNBO2
Contributor - Level 2

Try an external charger?

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

sounds like there is an issue with the battery statistics

it may actually be fully charged, just not showing

the only way i can think of that would reset the stats is a factory reset

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand your frustration @mike! The suggestion from mdram4x4 is a good one as a final step. I would try running the device in safe mode and retest the charging behavior. This will rule out third party app conflict. In addition, have you tried charging the device with the phone powered off?

http://tiny.cc/hcvbpw

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
johnandroid
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same exact issue.  Tried everything you tried and more.  Nothing helped.  Never charges fully, and drains extra quickly. (and considering it's a Thunderbolt already,, you can imagine what I mean by "extra quickly)

0 Likes