Charging Thunderbolt
J_Sch

New here with a very simple question.  I come from having a cheap cellphone that held a charge for 10 days or so.  When I charged that phone I always shut it down to do so.  The Thunderbolt I just bought will need to be charged every day.  Should this phone be shutdown whenever it is recharged or should it simply be plugged in still turned on to recharge? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Charging Thunderbolt
AZSALUKI
Legend

and fyi....there's is a method known as "bump charging" where you charge it while it is on, then, when the light goes green, shut it off. then plug it in and you will notice your light is orance again. it will take about 20 more minutes to go green again and now it is truly fully charged. it's a bit of a hassle and not necessary.....but it does give you a bit more juice and i need ALL the juice i can get!!!!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dcsdds

Just plug it in.  Should be no problem.  I use it as a clock next to my bed all night.  Charges fine while on.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

and fyi....there's is a method known as "bump charging" where you charge it while it is on, then, when the light goes green, shut it off. then plug it in and you will notice your light is orance again. it will take about 20 more minutes to go green again and now it is truly fully charged. it's a bit of a hassle and not necessary.....but it does give you a bit more juice and i need ALL the juice i can get!!!!!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
why not just charge it while it's off?
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

bearone21 wrote:
why not just charge it while it's off?

because i don't like it to ever be off. it's my alarm clock....i have no other phone line...it's my music player, etc, etc.....it's never off except for the 20 minutes per day i have to turn it off to bump charge it. 

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
i've got an alarm clock and am not totally dependent on my phone. if i miss a call or text message it's not the end of the world when the phone's off for 2 hour charge..
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

bearone21 wrote:
i've got an alarm clock and am not totally dependent on my phone. if i miss a call or text message it's not the end of the world when the phone's off for 2 hour charge..

just out of curiousity, next time you charge it and turn it back on, turn it off and plug it back in (if you have time). i'm wondering now if it will immediately show green or if it will go orange for another 10 minutes or so?????

i've got a wife, 3 kids, and a business. i'd love to not depend on it so much, but i simply can't turn it off for 2 hours every day. 

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

don't you ever sleep. if i had customers that needed to call/text in the middle of the nite, it better be **bleep** important.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
When I have turned off the Thunderbolt to bump charge it it was taking more than ten minutes. Then when it is green and turn it back on while still plugged in, the LED will go back to orange after the boot up. It will take another ten minutes to charge to green again. Granted this was with the extended battery, but the regular battery is similar.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

bearone21 wrote:

don't you ever sleep. if i had customers that needed to call/text in the middle of the nite, it better be **bleep** important.

i do sleep....but like i said....it's my alarm clock so turning it off isn't an option....lol

0 Likes