Re: Charging Thunderbolt
bearone21
Legend

my dx never shows orange, always green on the strength bar but the numerical value increases when i push the power button to see charging with phone off.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

so how do you know when it's done charging? do you have to check it every now and then? the led indicator never changes colors?

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

shows 100%, sasy charged. i wait 'til it toots and says "15% or less", then i turn it off and connect to charger..

when i got it in dec, i was checking it every 15 min, by pushing power button, seeing it move up from 15%.

i know it increments up to 100% in 2 hours.

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks for your inquiry. Adding to what was stated, the length of how long you would need to go between charging varies based on use. However, comparing your last phone to your new Thunderbolt, being two different type devices, also plays a role on how long the battery lasts. This is because of the many features offered on the Thunderbolt are robust and able to run applications.

I am providing a link that can a referance for more assistance. http://http://support.vzw.com/simulator/HTC/thunderbolt/simulator.html

0 Likes
Charging Thunderbolt
MBTyler

New to smartphones. 3 questions: what is airplane mode? How is it different from on/off? Is there a way for the screen to go to sleep, but the phone stays on while charging at night?

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

MBTyler wrote:

New to smartphones. 3 questions: what is airplane mode? When you put it in airplane mode there is no signal at all. no wifi, no 3g, no 4g, no nothing. you can use it as a media player, camera, etc....but there's no connection (i use an app that automatically sets it to airplane mode from midnight to 6 am to conserve the battery). How is it different from on/off? the phone is on, but uses VERY little battery because it does not even attempt to search for a connection of any type. Is there a way for the screen to go to sleep, but the phone stays on while charging at night? the screen should time out after a short period (whatever you have it set to. mine is 15 seconds i think). you can plug it in and charge it and the screen should go dark after 15 or 30 seconds.

fyi....if you have wifi at home then turn it on while your at home as it seems to help the battery life. i also set mine to airplane while i am sleeping because it doesn't drain much battery at all while in airplane mode (i use it as my alarm clock and don't want it to die overnight).

0 Likes