Re: Check For Software Update Question
ronthetech
Enthusiast - Level 1

We are all getting the same problem with the defective phone.  I want all of you to know that I personaly will begin taking some sort of action to be reimbersed for the phone as we are not getting any support from HTC nor Verizon.  I will be filling a complaint with the The Better Business Bureau.  I will wait four days then begin learning about how to take legal action in getting either a full refund for phone or replacement with other phone.  If any other persons who spent money of this defective product please comunicate with me so we can begin to take action as violated customers.

0 Likes
prowley40

I havent really had any problems and like the TB.  I just wish we had gingerbread already.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for your input. The update is being pushed out in phases and will eventually reach all of your devices. It normally takes about a week for software updates to be received by all devices. We have received information that the push should be received by 7/18 (dates are always subject to change). If you have still not received the update by then and still saying no updates available when you check for updates, reply to this message and we can further troubleshoot. 

0 Likes
pat3332
Contributor - Level 2

ronthetech wrote:

We are all getting the same problem with the defective phone.  I want all of you to know that I personaly will begin taking some sort of action to be reimbersed for the phone as we are not getting any support from HTC nor Verizon.  I will be filling a complaint with the The Better Business Bureau.  I will wait four days then begin learning about how to take legal action in getting either a full refund for phone or replacement with other phone.  If any other persons who spent money of this defective product please comunicate with me so we can begin to take action as violated customers.

ronlthesocalledtech.

1. This has nothing to do with the original problem that everyone has been having.

2. You already started a thread with this content in it.

3. Do whatever you want, but just don't litter everyone else's threads with your rants that have nothing to do with the subject at hand.

0 Likes
vx1
Enthusiast - Level 2

MarquiaF_VZW wrote:

Thanks everyone for your input. The update is being pushed out in phases and will eventually reach all of your devices. It normally takes about a week for software updates to be received by all devices. We have received information that the push should be received by 7/18 (dates are always subject to change). If you have still not received the update by then and still saying no updates available when you check for updates, reply to this message and we can further troubleshoot. 

Your posts have been most helpful. Can you tell us what the build number should be when the update is done so folks can confirm it happened properly?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
@vx1
The latest baseband version has been posted in this thread.

http://community.vzw.com/t5/ThunderBolt-by-HTC/Battery-after-most-recent-update/td-p/588510

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
fanman2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the exact same problems the OP had.

I started checking for the latest update the night it was released and could not get it.  I then learned that Verizon was pushing the  OTA updates in batches to avoid a huge logjam on their regional and local networks, and was told that it would take a week or two to push the OTA update to all ThunderBolt owners and that I should just check my phone once a day...and that I would eventually get the update when it it was pushed to my "region".

I did this and late Tuesday night, 12 June and/or early Wednesday morning, 13 June...the update was pushed to my phone and I successfully downloaded it and am EXTREMELY HAPPY with the results.

FYI...I have not had one reboot in the past 78 hours...:smileyhappy:!!! 

0 Likes
pat3332
Contributor - Level 2

At least now we know that if our software update messages disappear, we'll still get the update eventually. I know they were busy with the update, but it would have been nice if someone had explained that to us though.

0 Likes
Thunderdroid
July 17th. Still no update. This process of downloading giant files over the air is poorly though out. Android will only get bigger and bigger. SOLUTION: VZW needs to start using the Internet to push and pull updates. Why not let users update via WiFI instead of OTA? This would allow many users to update at once and not crash the wireless network, which should be reserved for Voice first and data second. This is a very simple solution and the future way to upgrade handsets for all carriers.
0 Likes
ps653

MarquiaF_VZW wrote:

It's the 18th. No update.  Still says checking for new and then nothing. As reported previously it hasn't returned an error or a no updates available message for a couple of weeks now.

0 Likes