Checking for new Sortware Update on the device
Mermaid

When I go to: Menu, Settings, then Software Update and check for new softward, it checks for a really long time and then says "ERROR SERVICE UNAVAILABLE Check for Softwar Update under SEtting whjen service is available".  Yet i do have service.  My husband bought a Thunderbolt the same day I did and his is doing this too.  This worked when we first got the phones, but its been doing this for about 3 days.  We are in a 3G area which I know has issues, but it does the same thing when the phone is in a 4G area.  I know that updates are sent via text, but this feature shoud still work like it did when we bought the phone.  What going on??? 

0 Likes
Re: Checking for new Sortware Update on the device
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

Mermaid wrote:

When I go to: Menu, Settings, then Software Update and check for new softward, it checks for a really long time and then says "ERROR SERVICE UNAVAILABLE Check for Softwar Update under SEtting whjen service is available".  Yet i do have service.  My husband bought a Thunderbolt the same day I did and his is doing this too.  This worked when we first got the phones, but its been doing this for about 3 days.  We are in a 3G area which I know has issues, but it does the same thing when the phone is in a 4G area.  I know that updates are sent via text, but this feature shoud still work like it did when we bought the phone.  What going on??? 

Switch your Thunderbolt to 1X then check for updates. For some reason it will let you get it that way and won't give the ERROR. I did it on two Thunderbolts yesterday took about 45 min to download each. I used the LTE on/off app to swtich to  CDMA only  then just wait for the 1X to pop up and go to settings and check for for updates. 

0 Likes
Mermaid

I'm doing it successfully.  But is this the infamous update that's announced on VErizon's site that is supposed to "enhance 3G connectivity", etc. that was released yesterday and is supposed to be texted to me?????  Or is this one a different update?- it says "downloading firmware".

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Mermaid wrote:

I'm doing it successfully.  But is this the infamous update that's announced on VErizon's site that is supposed to "enhance 3G connectivity", etc. that was released yesterday and is supposed to be texted to me?????  Or is this one a different update?- it says "downloading firmware".

They usually don't text you that an update is available until about a week or so after it was released.  At that was what my experience was with my Eris.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Mermaid

so this one I have downloaded as per your instructions right now is the same one we've been waiting for that was released yesterday Fril. May 13 and has been announced on Verizon's site as coming out that will "enhance 3G connectivity" amongst other things??  it's the same one??

0 Likes
aldap
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can anyone clarify if this update is a 2nd update from two days ago. I read on some forum that the new build number is 1.13.605.7-1.12. I have this without the -1.12, am I current?

Reason hopefully this fixes the phone rebooting every hour bug.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Mermaid

mine is the same:  1.13.605.7-1.12.605.6    it seems to have fixed my connectivity issues when the phone is in a 3G area.  I'd like to know if I'm current and also if this is the update that Verizons has been announcing for a week that came out yesterday the 13th 

0 Likes
aldap
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't have -1.12.605.6  at the end.

0 Likes
Mermaid

it was on the line below-i didn't see that it continued at first either-maybe its there for you too

0 Likes
aldap
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, nothing after. no "-" no nothing.

Does anyone know exactly how many updates there have been in the last 72 hours. One or two?

0 Likes