Re: Checking for new Sortware Update on the device
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Mermaid wrote:

mine is the same:  1.13.605.7-1.12.605.6    it seems to have fixed my connectivity issues when the phone is in a 3G area.  I'd like to know if I'm current and also if this is the update that Verizons has been announcing for a week that came out yesterday the 13th 

1.12.605.6 = old software build number

1.13.605.7 = new software build number

There was only one update for the Thunderbolt in the last few days.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
fanman2
Enthusiast - Level 2

The software number on my phone is "1.13.605.7"....and there are NO #s after the 7....AND....I am having the random reboot problems that EVERBODY is talking about elsewhere in the VZW support community forums and lots of other forums on the net.

Verizon AND HTC.....What the *&@@ is YOUR problem with this phone's firmware and/or software?!?!?!

0 Likes
Mermaid

OK, so i just updated by "checking for new software" and I have 1.12.605.6 (old software build number).  How do I get 1.13.605.7 (the new software build number)??  Thanks!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Mermaid wrote:

OK, so i just updated by "checking for new software" and I have 1.12.605.6 (old software build number).  How do I get 1.13.605.7 (the new software build number)??  Thanks!

Some have been successful by forcing the phone into 1x mode using the LTEOnOff app and changing the phone to CDMA only or you could use the fix that was available during the LTE outage to force your phone the EDVO Rev A.  Instructions are in the link.

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/05/13/htc-thunderbolt-users-experiencing-random-reboots-after-update/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Mermaid

I forced it into 1X mode this morning which is how I got the update this morning 12.605.6 (old software build number).  Do I even want the 1.13.605.7 (new software build number)??  I'm not having any issues with rebooting and the update fixed my problem of inconsistant connectivity when the phone was in a 3G area.  Should I just leave well enough alone?  Will they text me an new update later when they feel they have all these issues worked out? 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Mermaid wrote:

I forced it into 1X mode this morning which is how I got the update this morning 12.605.6 (old software build number).  Do I even want the 1.13.605.7 (new software build number)??  I'm not having any issues with rebooting and the update fixed my problem of inconsistant connectivity when the phone was in a 3G area.  Should I just leave well enough alone?  Will they text me an new update later when they feel they have all these issues worked out? 

Are you sure you didn't just download it, but have not installed the update?

0 Likes
Mermaid

no I'm not sure.  i'm pretty stupid when it comes to this stuff.  I just followed the instructions someone gave me to force it into 1X mode using the LTEOnOff app in CDMA only mode, looked for new software updates and let it do its thing.  How can I check to see that its been installed??  Thanks for your help! 

0 Likes
Mermaid

I just got smarter and looked under "phone info" and low and behold it says I have build number 1.13.605.7 CL341545 release-keys.  Software number 1.13.605.7  So I have installed the new software build number??? I have unseen talents!  

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Yes, the update is installed on your phone, Mermaid! Congratulations!

0 Likes
stangz71

GreenRobot

Thanks for your suggestion on using LTE on/off, it worked like a charm.

0 Likes