Completely underwelmed
pairaducks
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nice work Verizon. You've proven that your service and treatment of customers is on par with the industry leader in poor service and over-priced plans (AT&T).

I was an AT&T customer, but moved to Verizon to get away from the B.S. Now Verizon is letting AT&T lead the charge, and simply falling in behind.

I was told when I purchased the T-Bolt that it was the flagship LTE phone. Does that mean it gets updates in a reasonable amount of time?

(We're *STILL* waiting on ICS for VZW's "flagship" phone..

I was told that I was grandfathered into unlimited data and that would be the case going forward. True?

(well, it was true long enough to lock me into a contract, but after that? not so much.)

Thanks Verizon. I personally appreciate you deciding to shaft customers along with the rest of the industry.

You've proven yet again that the game is shaft as many people as much as possible until they leave

and replace them with new customers rather than retain existing customers.

Signed,

Digusted with VZW (and they could care less)

0 Likes
Re: Completely underwelmed
lemew
Contributor - Level 3

Everyone is quite simply running out of spectrum. Verizon is desperately trying to successfully launch and maintain a new standard in telecommunications on an epic scale. Use of their 3g network is overloaded. Unauthorized tethering makes matters worse. I have always had great customer service from Verizon and they have always gone out of their way to make me happy. I only hope that your experience with them improves. Phones are so quickly outdated these days.....what's cutting edge today will be old hat in three months. I wonder how technology can continue to evolve in a positive manner at that rate.

0 Likes
motoryder
Contributor - Level 1

I called Verizon to fix some things with my plan and as the call was coming to a close I asked what my expiration date was and they asked why.

I stated that since Verizon was taking away unlimited from me I was thinking about switching. He said that if you already have 4g that you would keep you unlimited since you already upgraded. He said it will effect the people that haven't upgraded to 4g yet.

0 Likes
phat6
Enthusiast - Level 3

and you believed them?

0 Likes
motoryder
Contributor - Level 1

I was just sharing what I was told...isn't that what this thing is for is to share info?

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Verizon has already been quoted as saying the only way to keep unlimited data is to buy out of contract (i.e. full retail or craigslist/ebay).  Those phone reps know even less than we do.

0 Likes
pairaducks
Enthusiast - Level 2

Running out of spectrum?  Actually, they are selling off LTE spectrum.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/fcc-presses-verizon-details-proposed-700-mhz-spectrum-sale/2012-...

Verizon is desperately trying to catch up to AT&Fee in shafting customers.

Verizon lied to me when I bought my phone. They've lied to me since then.

As a matter of fact, I've only had 1 good experience with these clowns and

that's likely because I got someone on the phone that has a soul and

apparently missed the <Comment deleted per TOS> memo that I'm sure went around.

This is simply verizon getting even MORE greedy than they already are and because

our govt. (by the corporations, for the corporations), allowed carriers to merge

into behemoths, companies like VZW, ATT, etc have the weight to shaft people

wholesale and not suffer at all.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
pairaducks
Enthusiast - Level 2

This forum is to share and I personally appreciate you posting what you were told.

I will however state that I was *told* that my Unlimited plan was forever and I was *told*

that my T-bolt would get an ICS upgrade sooner rather than later, yet here we are,

with the unlimited going away <Discussion of rooting an hacking deleted per >

VZW is worse that AT&T in that with AT&T, everyone already knows they

are completely anti-consumer. With VZW, it wasn't as evident, to me at least,

until I signed the contract. <Inappropriate comment deleted per TOS> 

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Edited by Customer: Ironically, the crap VZW hands to customers is moderated by no one..

0 Likes