Connecting thunderbolt to my windows 7 laptop to download music
sharilee

This is my first smart phone and I really love it and want to keep it.  I just need 12hours battery life, which I'm working on, and  to be able to connect it to my windows 7 laptop to download music. Windows media player and vcast media do not recognize hooked in phone at all.  PC says it needs a driver.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Connecting thunderbolt to my windows 7 laptop to download music
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

Go to HTC's website and download/install the driver

http://www.htc.com/us/support/thunderbolt-verizon/downloads/

HTC Sync v 3.0.5511 for HTC ThunderBolt | 03.17.2011

After installation make sure when you connect you USB cable you select "Disk Drive" ( I think it's the third option down on the Thunderbolts screen) so you can mount your device( you can "X" out of the windows popup and navigate to your SD card in explorer). Then create a folder on the SD card where you will drop your music from your laptop to that folder (drag n drop)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

Go to HTC's website and download/install the driver

http://www.htc.com/us/support/thunderbolt-verizon/downloads/

HTC Sync v 3.0.5511 for HTC ThunderBolt | 03.17.2011

After installation make sure when you connect you USB cable you select "Disk Drive" ( I think it's the third option down on the Thunderbolts screen) so you can mount your device( you can "X" out of the windows popup and navigate to your SD card in explorer). Then create a folder on the SD card where you will drop your music from your laptop to that folder (drag n drop)

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

I just noticed( in a lower posting) that you have a 64bit Windows 7 laptop. Sorry I didn't see that earlier and I'm not sure if the link I provided gives 64bit driver download option. If they don't or it isn't readily seen you could create an account on HTC's support site and inquire about 64Bit Windows 7 driver for the Thunderbolt. If you do get 64 bit driver access post  back the URL for other 64Bit users to follow.

0 Likes
Ruins

I'm using W7 x64 on both my laptop and desktop and that HTC driver has worked for me as far as being able to charge the phone itself, and mounting my memory card. The phone itself doesn't seem to want to mount as a hard drive, so I've just had to use the SD card it came with for pictures, ringtones, etc.

Seems like the Incredible was far more incredible than this Blunderdolt phone so far.

0 Likes
travelman

I'm currently running windows 7 64x and making connections with Thunderbolt. Charge mode works fine and also HTC Sync but I'm having intermittent connections via USB in "Internet Mode" to the computer. Sometimes I stay connected for over an hour and other times I'm being bumped off the network in 2 minutes. This may be a network problem in my area more than an HTC issue. HTC did indicate there are problems with windows-7 when I contacted them via email support and they are working on it. Mobile Hot Spot works great but up coming cost will stop my usage.

0 Likes