Constant Data Loss
Bozen

There are quite a few threads on here already that Verizon hasn't touched, but here is one more that will go unanswered.  I, like many of you, have been having data connection issues with my Thunderbolt for about a month now.  I will go from 4G to nothing, not even 3G or 1X all without moving or doing anything on the phone.

I've talked to support four times now.  First call got me a refurbished phone and a new SIM card.  The support representative was very helpful and really wanted to solve the issue for me.  However, that didn't solve the issue and then it started happening on the second phone on my account as well, also a Thunderbolt.  As I had used a backup application, I thought maybe some saved setting or something corrupted on my SD card could have been causing the issue.  So, I formatted my SD card and did a factory reset on the phone.  Not surprisingly, that also didn't do anything.

The second call gave me a rep that didn't seem to understand the issue.  He had me hard reset both phones and did something Verizon side.  No change.  Not fifteen minutes after ending the call with him, the issue resurfaced.

The next call made me think I was getting somewhere.  After explaining the situation, the representative assured me that there was nothing wrong on my end and it certainly sounded like it was a problem with them.  It was almost like she had received a call about this before.  She put in a network ticket to have someone actually look into the data network in my area, even though a quick Google search or looking at the Verizon forums will tell you that this is a nationwide problem with any 4G phone. 

The final call was one Verizon made to me.  Apparently something on my phone needed to be updated before the network team could even look into the issue.  Fine, that only took a half hour.  But now it's been three days.  Not a word, when I was assured someone would contact me within 24-48 hours and the data drops are happening more than ever.

I'm honestly considering cancellation of my entire plan at this point if this isn't solved soon.  I'd rather go to another provider where the 4G works and lose my unlimited data than stay with Verizon where there hasn't even been an acknowledgement that there is an issue.  Even if the data issues are resolved soon, I'll still be making another call to customer support because I'm not paying for the data I wasn't able to use over the last month.

0 Likes
Re: Constant Data Loss
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Well it might have help if you had marked your discussion has a question. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Bozen

Thank you for your well thought out response.  I certainly would flag it as a question if it was.  I'm not asking for anything.  I even stated in the opening lines that this will never receive a response from anyone at Verizon.  This is simply here to let others who are having this issue know not to expect anything.  It's either being ignored because it isn't happening to enough people or it's being worked on quietly.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have noticed that the VZW employees that roam this community will often respond to discussion marked as questions. You remarked that this will go unanswered. I was giving you a reason why you just might go unanswered.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes