Constant freezing up, lagging operation, restarting
taichicat

Hi, I wanted to know if anyone has a suggestion for a fix or if there is a known problem with the HTC Rhyme freezing up? Every time I back out of/close an app my phone goes to a white screen with "HTC" and says "restarting", which takes quite a while before coming back to the phone home screen. At this point, the calendar is blank, the time is 00:00 and no date displays. This happens after any application I use. Plus, apps are VERY slow to load lately. My last straw today was when trying to retrieve a voicemail, I received the error message "Activity Phone (in process.com.android.phone) is not responding" with a Wait or Force Close option. It took me 3 times to successfully use my phone to call my own voicemail.

Apps have been running slow and this constant restarting to the white HTC screen have been happening for the last 2 weeks. I have owned this phone for over a year now and haven't had problems with it, other than it often not recognizing 3G coverage in the middle of the city (Tempe/Mesa, AZ) while the person next to me has 3G, also on a Verizon phone. I am currently running android version 2.20.605.13 710RD and when using my phone to check for software updates it shows there are none available.

Please, any help would be appreciated! This is driving me nuts.

0 Likes
Re: Constant freezing up, lagging operation, restarting
ACWN
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm of no help, but I wanted to let you know you're not alone in this frustration! And at least, if nothing else, you have someone to vent with as I too have been having the exact same issue recently and have had my phone for about that long. Though I havent yet had issues with my voicemail.. *knocks on wood* but just trying to do anything with my phone as of late has been a trial of patience! It takes every ounce of will I have not to fling the stupid thing into a wall. I suppose we know why Verizon and HTC pulled this phone off the market, huh?

0 Likes
taichicat

Haha! I actually just spoke with my friend who also has the same phone, purchased about the same time, and is having very similar problems. I hope we can get some help ASAP! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi taichicat and others!

I'm sorry to learn of any issues with the Rhyme rebooting, or restarting, on it's own. I'd like to ask a couple questions, as well as offer some troubleshooting steps. When this reboot happens, is there an error message on the screen? Do you see "HTC Sense" in the error message?

Please clear cache onthe Rhyme: http://vz.to/12v0liL

Please also clear the temporary internet files: http://vz.to/18S784Z

Let me know how this works for you, thanks!

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
AprilJones

I did all these things and EVERY time I try to leave an application to return to the main screen I get the White Screen with HTC and the reload.  This is very frustrating!

0 Likes
Frustratedonemillions

I am having the same issues with having an HTC Sense Error message and makes me forceclose.  My phone is running super slow.  I tried the suggestion of clearing the caches... clearing internet files.  Still the same problem.  I have the most current upgrade.

Now what?

0 Likes
mjt1951

I have the same problem shuts down at random times and have to do a soft reboot. this happens 5 or 6 times a day

I have had the phone for 11 months and was fine until the last couple of weeks.

I have a heart condition, and Dr. said I should carry a phone at all times. Buy what good is it if it takes 5 min to turn on and will turn off while I am using  it.

Please help

0 Likes