Re: Constantly losing data connection
jbt816
Enthusiast - Level 3

My latest TB (#6) has been working perfectly.  I admit I'm not having any trouble with 4G, on the contrary, it's very fast.  Based on my history, it is just a matter of time before something goes terribly wrong.  I agree with Staudie that there are no Verizon phones that appeal to me right now BUT I need to keep Verizon b/c they've got better coverage in East Texas than ATT.

I also am not willing to lose my unlimited data plan by signing another contract.  So unless I pony up for a new phone, it's just me and my TB (and one of us doesn't always work right -- make that 2 of us)

0 Likes
ffx2
Contributor - Level 2

you people that are having issues with your Tbolt need to do what I did which is RAISE HELL RAISE HELL RAISE HELL!

what verizon and htc have put us through is absolute BS!  I had so many issues with my phone that the people at my vzw store actually knew me by name. sadly every time they replaced my phone with another Tbolt the replacement phone would have the same issuies as the one returned.

After having my phone replaced 5 times and not one issue resolved I was a little pissed!, I went into the store and told them I want this issue resolved and I want it resolved today, I told them what I thought of the phone, htc and vzw and I said it loud enough that all other customers in the store took notice.

so to make a long story short they put me on the phone with tier two support and after haggling with them they decided to offer me a replacement phone that is not a tbolt. of all the phones they offered me I chose a razr. I did not have to renew my contract or use my upgrade.

0 Likes
virgo4life

How do I set my TB to 3G only.  I have not seen 3G or 4G in over 6 month

0 Likes
ffx2
Contributor - Level 2

the best option is to get rid of that piece of junk phone and get a different one. I owned a Blunderbolt and know from experience that you will have issue after issue after issue, do yourself a favor and put it out of its misery now and get a real phone(one that's not made by HTC)

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

virgo4life wrote:

How do I set my TB to 3G only.  I have not seen 3G or 4G in over 6 month

Menu > settings > Wireless & Networks > mobile network > network type > CDMA only

And don't listen to ffx2. My Tbolt is the same one I purchased in April 2011. I still use it daily or weekly as a wifi only device since I purchased a Galaxy Nexus. I have even reactivated the Tbolt for various trips or to get it online for a system update. In fact, I have been meaning to swap out the SIM card from the Nexus into the Tbolt to test some network oddities to verify it is the network and not the phone's radio.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ffx2
Contributor - Level 2

now that's funny. I've had greeters at VZW stores and sales reps at bestbuy  tell me they've never seen a phone with so many issues and returns and also have never fielded so many complaints about one phone either.

The radio is definitely the issue and they've been unable to figure out how to fix it since the middle of summer so it will never be fixed.

Put that phone out of its misery and get a real phone.

0 Likes
ffx2
Contributor - Level 2

How many times are you alleged customer support people going to give the same useless advice to Blunderbolt owners? It's time for Verizon to admit the Blunderbolt is a lemon and make things right with their loyal customers!! Verizon and HTC have known that there are major issues with this phone for at least 8 months now and they've been unable to figure out how to fix them.

It's a shame but after having my Blunderbolt fail again after being replaced 5 times I had to go into a VZW store and raise ^&*( to finally get them give me a different model phone as a replacement. ( I chose a Razr )

0 Likes
TimeForAChange

Instead of "raising hell," try being honest and kind. Remember, it's not the representative's fault that your phone doesn't work, so don't take it out on them. Call them or do an online chat, and explain what you have gone through already, and that all you are looking for is a solution. Perhaps explain that you are willing to start a new two-year contract on a different phone, but that it is difficult to pay for a service that is constantly not working for you. I think it's all about who you talk to and how you talk to them. We all know at this point, though, that the only solution is a new phone.  Be persistent, but don't be rude. If you work in a service industry, you know how it feels to be yelled at for something out of your control, so don't push that on other people. If you don't get the results you want, try again. If you can't keep the anger out of your voice, use the Verizon chat feature. Good luck, all.

0 Likes
JRAHNBO2
Contributor - Level 2

Uh, no the solution is not a new phone unless you mean a new model.  Why would I start a brand new contract with Verizon who has already disappointed me to the max??  Give them MORE guaranteed money for 2 years on a service that might or might not work? The Thunderbolt is junk and any replacement TB's are junk.  I do know how it feels to be yelled at and if the customer has a point then I push it up the ladder.  Unfortunately Verizon is being most stubborn when it comes to this phone.

0 Likes
TimeForAChange

Obviously, I don't mean a new ThunderBolt. We all know at this point that the phone is junk. A lot of Verizon representatives know this also, but sometimes things are out of their control. That's why I recommended being calm and understanding. If they can't help you, ask to speak to their supervisor. I've had Verizon for about 10 years now, and I've never had a problem until the ThunderBolt. I'm not going to abandon them because of one bad phone. I called a few times, complained about the issue, tried a replacement phone, and now I'm getting a new phone. It wasn't that difficult, really. If you're so angry with the company, ask if they'll let you cancel without paying early termination fees because of your issues. Or, just ride it out and leave when you can. No one is forcing you to use Verizon.

0 Likes