Continued ICS delay for Rezound
Jay968
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not that I have really cared all that much about getting ICS on my Rezound, but I have to say this delay, since late last year is kind've ridiculous. I DO see some issues such as 4G connectivity which I am hoping ICS will fix, so I would like to see the upgrade at some point, but the notion that people have been waiting on this since last November on the good faith that the phone was advertised promising that it would be available in early 2012 is rather strange. The real issue though in my opinion is why do Verizon and HTC feel that it is in their best interest in and in the interest of good customer service to remain so silent about this issue. I mean I can understand if there are complications with the upgrade, but why on earth the silence over it, is beyond me. Why can someone not just come out and make a statement explaining the delay. I think that if they just did this, they would be surprised to learn that more people than they realize would understand. But no, they continue to remain silent continuing to force otherwise patient people to wonder when or even if this upgrade will ever come.

Not my idea of very good customer service!

0 Likes
Re: Continued ICS delay for Rezound
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

HTC has said June-July and we're still within that so have patience grasshopper.

Jay968
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry cricket but when 8 months have passed since original promises were made and HTC finally says it's good to go, but Verizon (or someone) pulls it back and says nothing as to why, I just get the feeling that miscommunication is the order of the day and I reiterate that I think it's poor customer service, that's all!

BakerGeckos
Contributor - Level 3

I am sorry, But Verizon must sign off on all updates becasue HTC believes it's ready and Verizon found a issue it must be addressed or verizon will not sign off on the upgrade. If they didn't people are on them for releasing shotty code (Well just look all over the forums). Patches are not quick so I personally would rather wait for solid code then to deal with problems for months on end. I for one am happy that I will be getting ICS I have a Thunderbolt that was promissed ICS but I'm not holding my breath on that device every seeing it right away. If you want faster updates and in my opinion a less superior, poorly made device purchase Motorola in the future...

Mike

0 Likes
Jay968
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well I am sorry but you are missing the point...

Last November Verizon said that the phone would receive  ICS by EARLY 2012...that didn't happen. No word why. And you say that we should just accept the fact that they now say it'll come in June or July? Well, so far nothing...even though HTC says it is ready and good to go!

IThe Rezound is a phone that is advertised as being a hotspot capable phone...Well it's hotspot feature absolutely sucks.

Several ICS leaks have appeared, the last being reported as a very good one with no issues...doesn't seem to matter to Verizon and once again even HTC has said it is good to go...and still nothing, no update, no word why or ANYTHING from Verizon.

Frankly I am about to switch back to my iphone because of the hotspot issues on the Rezound...it is absolutely horrendous.

ALL I ask is for SOME kind of word from Verizon as I feel that I totally wasted my money on both the Rezound and on a monthly hotspot fee. It is NOT that I want ICS so bad, it's that I am HOPING that ICS will fix that hotspot feature. I am in a position where I cannot get my money back for the Rezound...Verizon is in a position to say that even though they made promises, they don't have to live up to them. Again, just a word from them as to why this is not happening would help. That's all I ask.

demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I don't know why everybody keeps saying HTC made any sort of mention of the readiness of the update. Just because the update page popped up for a while on their site is in no way confirmation of this. Ever thought that Verizon said go ahead, then a bug popped up? And I'm not saying HTC DIDN'T put it up to throw it in Verizon's face, only that speculation is just that, speculation.

Sith77
Enthusiast - Level 3

i dunno the leaked version that HTC had posted works pretty damn good with no bugs on my rezound !!

BakerGeckos
Contributor - Level 3

Just becuase you don't see one doesn't mean it doesn't exist your just not doing what it takes to execute that bug and cause yourself issues. You are just one of many and that is why they have a wide base of testers. Just be patient and you will have what you need adventually. But, you flashed a leaked version and unless you are admitting to violaing your TOS you may be stuck on that version.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

You're almost never stuck.  Tis the beauty of android.

0 Likes
BakerGeckos
Contributor - Level 3

I agree but then you need to violoate Verizons TOS to get to where you can get to current. Remember we are on the VERIZON forums and talk of that is not really Supported or nessiarly condoned.

0 Likes