Re: Continued ICS delay for Rezound
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

yup, and that's unfortunate.  Verizon should embrace the development community which would make everyone happy.  Faster updates and better experience for all.

0 Likes
Jay968
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, I have not flashed a leaked version. I have been waiting for the OTA.

I think too many of you are missing my point. I don't mind waiting. I wouldn't mind if the OTA doesn't come for another 6 months.

Again, all I am saying is that it would be nice if Verizon could issue an official statement about it. Some people have been waiting for 8 months for something that was originally promised for early 2012. Verizon has said nothing about why it still is not here and I am questioning the logic behind this kind of customer service. What would be so bad about Verizon coming out and saying "We know a lot of you are waiting but we are seeing some issues that we are clearing up. Sorry for the delay"

Is this such a bad thing?

Tidbits
Legend

It was never promised early 2012...  The original statement by HTC was they were going to review and have a plan of attack early 2012, and then they projected Q2 when they will START giving out those updates.  They never stated when they would finish sending out those updates.  They planned the rezound to start getting updates June-July, and probably submitted it to Verizon sometime June and are going through soak testing right now.  If everything goes well then updates start rolling out probably sometime next month.

0 Likes
kzerefos
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon's communication has been and will continue to be horrible in regards to software updates.  I jumped on the Rezound as soon as it came out based on quality.  While I don't feel that HTC has really let anyone down in that Sense, the phone was advertised as ICS ready 8 months ago.  I was beyond aggravated when my co-worker who bought his Motorola Droid Razr 3 days ago for 80.00 at Sam's Club got his ICS update last night.  If anyone believes that Verizon found "bugs" after HTC posted the update to their site for a whole day, then you haven't been with Big Red long enough to experience the bastardizing of a handset like they did with the Thunderbolt.  HTC's post was, in fact, a clear communication that Verizon has dropped the ball yet again.  I wouldn't doubt that they have gotten so sick of VZW telling people that HTC has to test the update that they figured they would remedy the situation.  Has anyone ever seen a manufacturer post an update to their site and then remove it within 24 hours, I think not.  For the love of God Verizon, for once in your existence, step up and communicate the issues or your hidden agenda (convenient timing with the S3 launching and your data plans changing) with your customers.  WE PAY YOUR FREAKING EXECUTIVES THEIR HUGE BONUSES!!!!  I, contrary to the possible sound of this message, am not angry.  I am beyond disappointed with the lack of communication from a company that provides mobile "communication" as a service.  Thank God I don't have nearly as many issues as I did with my T-bolt since it would be impossible to type this message while wearing a straight jacket. 

Tidbits
Legend

I owned a thunderbolt(gave it to a family member to stay off contract with recent changes to plans)...  I didn't feel it was "bastardized" like you put it.  It got more support than my Droid 3, and my Droid Charge.

0 Likes
kzerefos
Enthusiast - Level 3

Then, you didn't have the good fortune of dealing with a ridiculous amount of power cycling and reset issues as well as trying to navigate the VZW ocean of mindless reps.  Again, I am grateful for the reps who were knowledgeable and courteous but it's just like their service in my area, when it's good it's good but when it's bad, it's really bad. 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

fair enough.  That goes with any device on any carrier though.  Smiley Sad

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

kzerefos wrote:

Then, you didn't have the good fortune of dealing with a ridiculous amount of power cycling and reset issues as well as trying to navigate the VZW ocean of mindless reps.  Again, I am grateful for the reps who were knowledgeable and courteous but it's just like their service in my area, when it's good it's good but when it's bad, it's really bad. 

I've been quite content with mine.  Then again I'm not letting Verizon dictate my "experience".

kzerefos
Enthusiast - Level 3

Was looking for the like button on your comment PJNC, forgot this is the forums since I've been on Facebook for a while tonight lmao. 

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Ummm, you know, there IS a like button here, too.