Covered By Warranty
ldalessa

I bought the Thunderbolt the day it came out and slowly but surely it has been falling apart.

1. The keyboard stops working randomly a few times a day, the keys pop up when you type but nothing is being entered

2. The GPS never updates to where I am, making the feature completely useless, I've never been to Georgia, why is my location stuck there???

3. Random reset 2-3 times a day

4. WORST battery I've ever seen

5. Mobile Hotspot worked once during the free trial

6. Still no Skype

7. STILL no update

I had the Droid Eris before this, also had keyboard problems and it was a major disappointment, not happy with HTC.

Now for my questions:

Are problems 1-4 covered by the 1 year warranty?

If I take it into a store, are they just going to give me another Thunderbolt?

Can I get my money and upgrade back if I just switch back to an old phone of mine, because I don't want another Thunderbolt or another HTC phone?

0 Likes
Re: Covered By Warranty
budone
Legend

The issues you spoke of would get you a refurbed phone. But it WILL be a TB.Too many in the past abused the ability to swap in order to just get a different phone. So unless in a very rare case you will continue to get the same model you purchased.

Also stores no longer swap the phones out. So it may be best to call tech support and have them ship one out as that is what the stores do now.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

ldalessa wrote:

I bought the Thunderbolt the day it came out and slowly but surely it has been falling apart.

1. The keyboard stops working randomly a few times a day, the keys pop up when you type but nothing is being entered

2. The GPS never updates to where I am, making the feature completely useless, I've never been to Georgia, why is my location stuck there???

3. Random reset 2-3 times a day

4. WORST battery I've ever seen

5. Mobile Hotspot worked once during the free trial

6. Still no Skype

7. STILL no update

I had the Droid Eris before this, also had keyboard problems and it was a major disappointment, not happy with HTC.

Now for my questions:

Are problems 1-4 covered by the 1 year warranty? yes

If I take it into a store, are they just going to give me another Thunderbolt? yes...a certified preowned one

Can I get my money and upgrade back if I just switch back to an old phone of mine, because I don't want another Thunderbolt or another HTC phone? no. you have 2 weeks to return it. after that all you can do is have it replaced with another tbolt. if you do this a few times and keep getting bad phones, then you can talk them into getting a different device (certified preowned). they aren't going to refund your money and give you back your upgrade for a phone that you've had for nearly 4 months.

0 Likes
Dnakaman
Contributor - Level 1

I would say your best bet would be to contact customer service and talk to a rep and get your issues noted.

The one year warranty covers manufacter's defects:

1.  Since the keyboard is not a physical keyboard, the only way it would qualify, is if your touch screen was unresponsive to any touches.

2. Have you tried download an app like GPS status to clear the gps state?

3.  Known issue since the last update - a fix should be coming soon.

4. Worst compared to what?  My experience with most Android phones is that stock batteries will usually get you through "most" of the day.  You will probably notice a bit more power consumption due to the LTE radio, but battery life is about what I would expect (I've had android phones since day one).

5.  Did you ever contact anyone about this issue?  I know my hotspot works (just used it for 10 days while on vacation).

6. Skype is 3rd party and it was never included at the time of release.

7.  Update come when updates come...hopefully sooner than later, but Verizon made no promises about the OTA push regardless of what someone was told by this person or that or read on a blog.

Basically, all the problems you described sound like software issues to me, so I don't think they would cover the hardware.  Again, I would contact customer service and see if maybe they can do something for you.

Just my two cents.

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
I think all would be covered though. If u have had so many replacements u can ask for somethingelse. It doesent harm to try. All things to do with the phone would be covereda. Even battery issues. If rebooting gets bad ask if u can switch. If one says no ask someone else keep on calling documenting the account with every little problem.
0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
cs will take care of it & you should have a replacement in 2-3 days, barring the weekend, when fedex doesn't deliver.
0 Likes
Not applicable

Idalessa,

Hi there! Have these issues been resolved by contacting technical support? If not, please PM me with your name and mobile number so I can assist you with troubleshooting.

Thank you!

0 Likes