Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
Defective HTC One and TERRIBLE Service from Verizon

Monday evening my phone stopped charging and started going into car mode whenever I plugged the phone in. It was getting close to closing time so I headed over to a local Verizon store. I was in Boston and away from my awesome independently owned Verizon store so of course I proceeded to wait for 25 minutes for someone to help me. Eventually someone helped me and he was actually quite helpful. He did a soft reset and the phone seemed okay. He told me that if I had the issue again to just call up and they'd ship me a warranty replacement. Two days later the phone began going into dock mode and the screen was flickering between dock mode and whatever I was trying to do. I headed over to the same Verizon store because I was unable to call the warranty center on my defective device. When I got there, after waiting yet again, I dealt with an extremely rude and exceptionally useless employee. I told him that I was there because I was unable to call Verizon on my phone yet after he couldn't go through the warranty process on his ipad because the HTC One is 'too new' he handed me a phone number(which I already had) and said there was nothing more he could do for me. Frustrated I left to call Verizon. Luckily my phone felt like working now and the employee I dealt with insisted I do a hard reset before they send me a warranty replacement even though everyone else had ensured me it'd be an easy process. Eventually I was able to do the reset later that day and the phone was okay for a day, but then the issues reappeared. Last night I called Verizon and they told me that I won't receive my replacement until MONDAY. My phone is on my family's family plan, but I'm honestly considering leaving Verizon personally after this and hopefully I'll be able to sway them as well. We've been Verizon Wireless customers for 10+ years as well as FIOS and business customers for a long time and Verizon's handling of this situation was beyond poor. To make matters worse, now that I'll be waiting four days over the weekend for a replacement, the One seems to be getting worse - this morning it took a three soft resets, one hard reset, and two more soft resets to get it to charge. Good luck with this phone guys.