Delete a Contact
Marisa

Can someone help me figure out how to delete contacts? I don't need or want every single person from work, facebook etc..

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Delete a Contact
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

kweenBee wrote:

I am also having this problem...I did as you suggested but my only options are...call mobile or block caller....It does not give me the option to delete.  This contact was originally synced with FB but I since deleted the FB account but the contact is still showing up.  Any other way to delete a contact?  I went through the menu button, delete button...but the contact disappears...

Im going crazy....

any help would be great!

KweenBee

You said it's a facebook contact and you deleted your facebook. Did you delete your facebook online or just remove it from your device? You are correct that a facebook contact will not give you the option to simply delete it. Since I haven't tried this myself these steps are assumptions but will probably work. 

1. Delete the contact from facebook ( via a pc ), on the T-bolt press menu > settings > Accounts & sync > Facebook > sync now

Then also sync " facebook for htc sense". 

2. If you completely deleted your facebook go Menu > settings > Accounts & sync > Facebook > then remove account. 

there will probably be a "Facebook for HTC sense" and you'll want to remove that also. 

3. If you still have your facebook and only want to remove that contact and set one didn't work you'll probably need to remove them as a friend for your profile. Then to get them off the device try these steps, Menu > settings > Applications > Manage applications > All > Facebook > Clear data.

Also clear data on the "Facebook for htc sense". Now this will probably clear all your Facebook related info from the device but you can get it all back by resyncing your facebook ( if you want to ) 

4. After doing either of these steps I would restart the device since sometimes it takes a restart to clear some data.

These are the steps I would personally try to get rid of a FB contact but there might be a better route.  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

Go to your people or contacts then do a long press ( hold down on the persons name ) on the contact you wish to delete. A menu will pop up and the middle option is Delete contact. press Delete contact then press ok to confirm. 

0 Likes
Marisa

Thanks! I was going crazy.

0 Likes
kweenBee

I am also having this problem...I did as you suggested but my only options are...call mobile or block caller....It does not give me the option to delete.  This contact was originally synced with FB but I since deleted the FB account but the contact is still showing up.  Any other way to delete a contact?  I went through the menu button, delete button...but the contact disappears...

Im going crazy....

any help would be great!

KweenBee

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

kweenBee wrote:

Im going crazy....

any help would be great!

KweenBee

You said it's a facebook contact and you deleted your facebook. Did you delete your facebook online or just remove it from your device? You are correct that a facebook contact will not give you the option to simply delete it. Since I haven't tried this myself these steps are assumptions but will probably work. 

1. Delete the contact from facebook ( via a pc ), on the T-bolt press menu > settings > Accounts & sync > Facebook > sync now

Then also sync " facebook for htc sense". 

2. If you completely deleted your facebook go Menu > settings > Accounts & sync > Facebook > then remove account. 

there will probably be a "Facebook for HTC sense" and you'll want to remove that also. 

3. If you still have your facebook and only want to remove that contact and set one didn't work you'll probably need to remove them as a friend for your profile. Then to get them off the device try these steps, Menu > settings > Applications > Manage applications > All > Facebook > Clear data.

Also clear data on the "Facebook for htc sense". Now this will probably clear all your Facebook related info from the device but you can get it all back by resyncing your facebook ( if you want to ) 

4. After doing either of these steps I would restart the device since sometimes it takes a restart to clear some data.

These are the steps I would personally try to get rid of a FB contact but there might be a better route.  

0 Likes
kweenBee

ok, it worked...I went and deleted the contact in my FB (on my PC)..then went back to TB hit menu, settings,  acounts * sync and clicked on the FB to sync again....

one thing though...you mentioned in step #1 to "Then also sync " facebook for htc sense". . 

Im not seeing where you would do this...can you help me locate this? 

I can't thank you enough for saving my sanity! 

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

Depending on what facebook apps you have downladed and use you may not have a second app called " facebook for htc sense ". For some reason I do have both and I'm not so sure I need both but they're there ( for now ). I'm glad you got it figured out. 

0 Likes
kweenBee

yes, Im glad also...not sure how / where the button is to let people know its resolved...(I see it on the forums when its resolved...so, just to let everyone know...my problem is fixed... thank you GREEN ROBOT!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
The "Select as a solution" button is on the right side next to the "Reply" button.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes