Deleted Yahoo Email Account - Now Can't Re-Add It
TBoltOwner
Contributor - Level 1

I deleted my Yahoo email account on my TBolt by mistake.  Now, when I try to re-add it, I get this error message - "An account with this email address already exists."  I don't want to use the Yahoo Mail app because it seems to be a battery hog.  Does anyone have an idea how I can get this to work?  Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Re: Deleted Yahoo Email Account - Now Can't Re-Add It
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Trying clearing the cache from your email app by going to Manage Apps, All, Email.  First force close, then clear data and cache. Then attempt to setup the email again.

0 Likes
TBoltOwner
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks for the reply!  However, I'm not using an app for email...just the stock program that came with the phone.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's what I was referring to ... the stock e-mail application.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The stock email application on the Tbolt is called "Mail".

So the steps would be Settings > Apps > all tab > scroll down to Mail > clear cache > clear data.

Then back out to the home screen to open Mail and add a new account under the other email account option.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Thanks for the clarification; there's sometimes a few steps (or app names) different from phone to phone and I wasn't aware of this one.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's the custom UI changes at its finest or worse...

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TBoltOwner
Contributor - Level 1

I'll give that a shot...thanks for the help!

0 Likes
TBoltOwner
Contributor - Level 1

Unfortunately, that did not work.  It gave me the option to clear the cache, which I did, but not clear the data.  I did a Restart after clearing what I could and then tried to add the account...no luck.  Oh well...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Weird, because my Mail application had the option to clear the data.

0 Likes