Delivery Confirmation?
Paradath

I just got my phone this afternoon, and I'm slowly figuring it out and getting it set up for my preferences. 

I finally found delivery confirmation for text messages and turned it on, but whenever the text is delivered, I get a notification. After a while that gets pretty annoying, since you can't differenciate between if it's a text or notification. Is there a way to disable the notification, but still get the confirmation?

0 Likes
Re: Delivery Confirmation?
HazelEyedGemini
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was having the same issue. It is annoying.  I know there's a way.

0 Likes
dcsphoto
Enthusiast - Level 3

There isn't a way    :smileysad:

I had called HTC about it and they never added the option to turn off that notification.

He was going to add it to a suggestion list.

0 Likes
JaySean
Contributor - Level 1

Paradath wrote:

I just got my phone this afternoon, and I'm slowly figuring it out and getting it set up for my preferences. 

I finally found delivery confirmation for text messages and turned it on, but whenever the text is delivered, I get a notification. After a while that gets pretty annoying, since you can't differenciate between if it's a text or notification. Is there a way to disable the notification, but still get the confirmation?

I haven't had any issue with this. If you check the box to enable delivery notification, it will notify you every time a message is sent. Uncheck the box to disable the notification. If you are unhappy with the notification system of the default messaging app, try this..

Use CHOMP SMS. Its a much better SMS application than the default text app and it offers more customization. You can customize fonts and set background images for each contact you are messaging.

CHOMP SMS

It also offers more customization of all your outgoing and incoming messages, so it may help you out. Just thought I'd pass this along to you. If you decide to use it, make sure you uncheck all notifications for the default messaging app because it will display duplicate notifications.

Download chomp SMS@ Android market

cheers

JaySean

0 Likes
HazelEyedGemini
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have Go SMS.  I have the notification checked.  It doesn't bother me because the tone is off.

0 Likes