Re: Did You get The Most Recent Firmware Update And Did It Work
budone
Legend

TheFireGoddess wrote:

I only had my phone a week or so before the update, but I never had the rebooting issue.

All the other issues I had, severe keyboard lag, sending texts/info to random people not selected (from my contacts list) crap battery life, and so on and so forth.. nope.

It did NOTHING.

As a matter of fact my data connection is pretty much GONE since the update. I live in a 4g area and I swear depending on which way the wind blows I lose service. After ten or so complaints to verizon tech they just said they would investigate, after telling me its because I live on the fringe of the city.

WRONG. I can drive 70 miles in either direction and get 4g coverage.

Well I could.

Its my city that has the issue, I can stand next to the tower and get ZIP. I know ya meant it as a joke, but standing next to a tower will get you zip.

Its absolutely horrific. My phone is FACTORY. No apps, no downloads, NOTHING. Not even a picture and I still have issues.

My 'refurbished' model they sent to replace this one had the software update and rebooted non stop AND had ZERO data connection. Period. At all.

Fedex mailed it back yesterday.

I hate to say it but I sincerely doubt that any amount of software updating, is going to fix all the problems these phones have. Something is vastly wrong with this phone. I realize many people love these phones, and yes everyone gets a lemon sometimes, but the sheer amount of issues, complaints and 'lemons' makes me think that maybe in reality people are getting the few rare golden eggs and the rest are rotten.

0 Likes
DroidM
Enthusiast - Level 2

Had The Update Over 2 Weeks now No reboots as I repoted in previous Post No Data Problems now that wher I live 4G is full covrage, and no lag with the phone. Honestly it's liek a new phoen for me the Update improved it alot.

I do have to agree thou I think we may be looking at about a 40-60 split of tuly disfuctional phones and ones that work great. Many people I know that have the T-bilt are vary happy with there phones only a few are having problems and most people in this fourem then again we proably wodul not have been hear if we had no problems. Ther is defently a bad batch of them out there thou...

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

DroidM wrote:

I do have to agree thou I think we may be looking at about a 40-60 split of tuly disfuctional phones and ones that work great. Many people I know that have the T-bilt are vary happy with there phones only a few are having problems and most people in this fourem then again we proably wodul not have been hear if we had no problems. Ther is defently a bad batch of them out there thou...

That's the case with any phone specific forum.  Just look at any of the other forums and most of the posts will be complaining.  People usually don't feel the need to sign up for a forum and talk about how great it is but instead will make one to complain about every little issue.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

there's a few lemons (like with anything), but keep in mind that there's likely well over a million of these in use. we see the handful of users that are having problems on the forums. it's not 40-60......it's likely a VERY small % of tbolts that are no good. but like pjnc said....go to any specific forum and you see complaints. 

0 Likes
DrDroidDre
Enthusiast - Level 3
I have not had near as many issues with my device until this last update. Now TB is jacked up. Dropped calls, emails not going out, and slower than frozen syrup. These vast apps have taken over my phone and I don't have any mods
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

DrDroidDre wrote:
I have not had near as many issues with my device until this last update. Now TB is jacked up. Dropped calls, emails not going out, and slower than frozen syrup. These vast apps have taken over my phone and I don't have any mods

that's unfortunate, because there were MANY more complaints before this last update (reboots) that it fixed for most people that had the issues.

0 Likes
Cowboy
Enthusiast - Level 2

So hear is what Im asking 

1) Did you get the Update

not via the method they were delivering it - i went after waiting 2 weeks and downloaded the full firmware from Android Police.  I was rebooting 10/15 times every day and cuoldn't take any more.

2) Did it Fix The Reboot Bug From The Last Update

Yes, fixed wonderfully

3) How is the performance of the phone now 

at times it seems a bit "laggy" and the interface isn't as responsive.  I can be trying to scroll through apps drawer or email lists and it doesn't scroll through.... but then accidentally "selects" and "opens" the item, even tho i wsa just scrolling... so i'm not sure if there is some kind of screen cal thing that needs to be done or what.

4) Has the latest update brought any new problems

Battery life is horrible.  I have ensured 4g is off, and don't do any more with this phone than I ever did, and yet the battery will drain from 100% charged to dead empty in under 5 hours if I don't charge it more.  Even during "reboot era" the phone lasted longer from a battery drain standpoint...

This is horrible and in my opinion a step backwards.  they have got to figure a way to make a much more powerful battery for this phone that uses the same footprint as the original (not that extended big door one.. won't fit in my case or in my car dock!), and they need to do something about allowing us to turn off all that background crap that runs that we don't need..   i find myself uninstalling apps that sit in the background that have no business doing so in my opinion. but it doesn't help.

0 Likes
pamcakeG

1) Did you get the Update - Yes, I did.

2) Did it Fix The Reboot Bug From The Last Update - I was not experiencing reboot problems.

3) How is the performance of the phone now - HORRIBLE.

4) Has the latest update brought any new problems  - my phone would occasionally lag, particularly when using the stock messaging app; but it wasn't anything that a simple reboot wouldn't solve.  I received the update and now the phone is constantly lagging.  I used to reboot maybe once a week and now I am rebooting up to four times per day without improvement!!  Now my phone is also saying it is connected to my car's bluetooth yet the phone is not available on the car, itself. 

I have explored simple options like moving my apps to the SD card for better performance, and clearing data/cache.  This helps the phone move around within itself better although not how it should.  This does NOT improve the text messaging functionality at all. I do not have a task killing app installed on my phone.

I refuse to perform a factory reset.  There was nothing wrong with my phone before the update and now I want to throw it against a wall out of frustration.  I took it to a Verizon retail store this afternoon and the sales clerk disappeared and returned telling me he will send me a refurb phone in a few days.  This does not please me.  I do not want someone else's lightly used (and returned) junk.  Frankly, I don't think this is a Verizon issue but rather an HTC issue.  Therefore, a new phone isn't going to do anything differently in my honest opinion.    I am not pleased with this at all.

0 Likes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello DrDroidDre,

I can understand the need of a working device.  It sounds as if you were not experiencing any of these issue prior to the last software update, correct me if I'm wrong please.  Therefore, I suggest doing a factory reset to the device for a fresh start if you have not already addressed this.  Please keep in mind this will erase everything so please backup prior.  You can complete this reset by Settings>SD & Phone Storage>Factory data Reset>Reset Phone>Erase Everything.  Please let me know if this helps you and we will move forward if need be.  Thank you. 

0 Likes
DAJ

Yes I did get the update

I did not have the reboot issue

The performance seem the same

It broke the beta  version of Sype I was using. Now video calling does not work

0 Likes