Download Failed
chickltt7

So I've been having this problem for a little over a month now since they sent out the firmware update. Right now I'm currently on build number 1.12.605. And when I go to software update and do check new it tells me there is a new software update and when I click okay it goes for a few sec and then I get the error download failed and then it goes back to the software update screen. Any help on this would be great. Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Download Failed
bearone21
Legend
take the battery out & try again.
0 Likes
chickltt7

I did a battery pull and still getting download failed.

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
That one update is causeing some to do serious reboot. HTC said the update is not recommended so there not pushing it out to any more phones. That could explain ur problem.
0 Likes
Not applicable

chickltt7,

Good Afternoon!

Can you verify if the other data services are working on your device? Like the Internet, Email, Google Talk?  If we can determine that it is an issue with the Market, we can better resolve the issue.  You can perform a master reset as a troubleshooting step. If you do not want to do that at first, I would recommend contacting Google through support on their Android support page so they can correct the Market internally. 

Thank you!

0 Likes
Hangtime2

OMG ... If you haven't installed the dreaded 1.13 update yet, DON'T!   That's the one causing all the problems with multiple reboots and other heinous issues people have been suffering.  Keep the 1.12 version you have and be thankful you have it until a more stable update is released.  Don't install any update until it's been out a little while and watch the forums for complaints before you do. 

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

chickltt7 wrote:

So I've been having this problem for a little over a month now since they sent out the firmware update. Right now I'm currently on build number 1.12.605. And when I go to software update and do check new it tells me there is a new software update and when I click okay it goes for a few sec and then I get the error download failed and then it goes back to the software update screen. Any help on this would be great. Thanks!

you have the original firmware. KEEP IT! you don't want anything to do with the update as it fixed nothing and ruined many devices.

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
Don't do it so horrible but HTC won't allow it to go thru I think. Why did the verizon rep think it was a market thing. That person should know it has to do with A software update. Is it true hotspot 4g $30 for unlimited
0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
sorry for the rant but Every month it changes move it out a month now mid July. I can't do anything but replace it get very bad. It is so easy for Verizon to say wait but it is hard to tolerate. Yes its a good phone so I'm not quiting on it but we should get something for tolerateing the bad ones. Verizon U keep on sending out ones with the bad update I dont know why but it is getting to much as well as very untolerable. Some reps don't know its a problem but it should be known by now. Is it true 4g hotspot $30 for unlimited? 3g phones desirve something great too. We will know tomorrow.
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

gina7289 wrote:
Don't do it so horrible but HTC won't allow it to go thru I think. Why did the verizon rep think it was a market thing. That person should know it has to do with A software update. Is it true hotspot 4g $30 for unlimited

that's what i read. they are rumored to be just going to a straight $30 for unlimited on hot spot. i guess we'll see. it's now July 7th.

0 Likes