Re: Download Failed
AZSALUKI
Legend

Lt-Belspur wrote:

What they should do is let everybody be able to to a manual update now.

Then you can still do staggered automatic rollout over time.

Also why is this update not available on a wireless network option instead of only the 3G or 4G network?

it's not only 3g or 4g for many of us. i had to force it to 1X to find and get the update, which then took 2 hours because on 3g or 4g my phone couldn't find it.....but on 1X it was right there (this is the case for many users, if you haven't tried it yet). also, there is a manual way. it's not through verizon and would require you to do a factory reset (but no root is needed)...but if i were having the reboots, i would do it. WAY easier to set your phone back up than to deal with constant reboots.

0 Likes
Lt-Belspur
Enthusiast - Level 3

AZSALUKI wrote:

Lt-Belspur wrote:

What they should do is let everybody be able to to a manual update now.

Then you can still do staggered automatic rollout over time.

Also why is this update not available on a wireless network option instead of only the 3G or 4G network?

It's not only 3g or 4g for many of us. I had to force it to 1X to find and get the update, which then took 2 hours because on 3g or 4g my phone couldn't find it....But on 1X it was right there (this is the case for many users, if you haven't tried it yet). Also, there is a manual way. It's not through Verizon and would require you to do a factory reset (but no root is needed)..But if I were having the reboots, I would do it. WAY easier to set your phone back up than to deal with constant reboots.

I have tried every thing on this forum. Still after 7 days nothing. I had a phone chat with tech support on Monday. He was a very nice guy. Even sent an E-Mail with his contact information. I have sent him an update every day. But I get no response back.

The bad thing is I have had 3 of these phones for 2 months now. I spent $852.00 on 5 phones.   I spend over $600.00 per month on Verizon services for my home and business.

I love their products and services, but customer support is terrible. Everybody I talk to in support is great, but there is no follow through on getting the issues resolved.

Verizon, can you hear me now.

0 Likes
Lt-Belspur
Enthusiast - Level 3

I must the most unlucky person.

Day 8 and no update.

Tech support said I should have had it 3:45 today.

0 Likes
Lt-Belspur
Enthusiast - Level 3

Day 9. You guessed it. This is so unacceptable.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
@Lt-Belspur
There is a manual update available. There's a thread linking you to the file in the Thunderbolt forum. It means a factory reset so it is your choice.

You can also search on www.droid-life.com for the article they had posted with the file.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Lt-Belspur
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ann154 wrote:
@Lt-Belspur
There is a manual update available. There's a thread linking you to the file in the Thunderbolt forum. It means a factory reset so it is your choice.

You can also search on www.droid-life.com for the article they had posted with the file.

Hello Ann154,

I saw that article when it first came out. I really do not to do a factory reset if at all possible.

I am just going to call again this morning and take there offer for a different phone.

Thanks,

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Why does a factory reset scare people so much? I did receive the update via OTA and updated my Tbolt. However I was having some issues with the 3G mobile network connection. It improved each day after the update so much I that I probably didn't need to do what I did this weekend. Yes it was the "dreaded" factory reset. I was prepared to do one whether or not I got the OTA update or not. I had the manual file downloaded and ready if I wanted to go that route. I didn't lose any contacts, sms messages and the applications I "needed" backed up were done so. I have my contacts re-synced, sms messages restore, the majority of the applications reinstalled. So much that the exception of a few empty spots on my homescreens, I couldn't tell that my phone was factory reset last night.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Lt-Belspur
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello Ann154,

I did a factory reset last weekend on the recommendation  of customer service.

My items did not resync correctly and it took 8 hours to wipe the phone again and put all my stuff back on.

I am a little weary of doing that again.

I don't think it should take this long to do a patch update.

Those who want to do it manually should be able to install it.

{edit for TOS violation}

0 Likes
Not applicable

If you still have not received the update, please PM me your name and mobile number. We have a way to escalate this to get the update pushed to the phone. And alternate way to have the software pushed is to visit a corporate store, have them swap your SIM card into another 4G device, wait until activation completes, then switch back to yours. The update should go thru once you switch back to your phone.  
0 Likes
Lt-Belspur
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello MarquiaF_VZW

I sent you the information you requested on my 3 phones.

I will be waiting.

Thanks for looking into this.

0 Likes