Face camera problems
Dougiecuurs

When I turn my camera on, then push the upper left icon to use the reverse (face) camera, sometimes it is scrambled, in 4 squares, or black and white. Is this broken, a software issue or what.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Face camera problems
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Sounds like a software issue.  I know not being able to see the picture kind of defeats the purpose of a FFC, but have you tried to take a picture with it to see what it looks like?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Sounds like a possible hardware issue with the front camera, if the rear camera is working fine I would take it to the store and have it checked...

0 Likes
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Good afternoon and thank you demmo86rt and Wildman for your responses!

Dougiecuurs, scrambled, 4 squares, black & white are not very appealing on a picture so I totally understand your concern!  Is this something that recently started happening? How long have you had your Thunderbolt?  Are you using the default camera application, or are you using a different application?  If from the Market, try using the default camera.  You can also see if this is being caused by a 3rd party application by placing the device in Safe Mode.  

Safe Mode HTC Thunderbolt

If you continue to have this problem with the front facing camera, please send me a Private Message and I will be happy to further assist you personally. 

Thank you,

0 Likes
Dougiecuurs

I am experiencing all those symptoms you described. It happens almost all the time, whats next to try?

0 Likes
Dougiecuurs

Sorry, its my 3rd Thunderbolt since May 2011, i am using the default camera.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Have you installed any apps, if you have multiple devices doing the same thing it may be a app and it does not have to be a camera app, I suggest you check all apps you installed to make sure they are not linked to the camera in any way or I would hard reset the device and do not install anything and then try the camera, if it functions correctly it is most likely a application causing your issue..

Try booting into Safe Mode and see if issue goes away...

Enable Safe Mode

1. With the device powered down, press and hold the power button.
    Press and hold down the Power Key
  2. When the second HTC Logo screen appears, press and hold the volume down key.
    Press and hold the volume down key
  3. Release the volume down key when Safe mode is displayed at the lower-left.
    This may take up to 30 seconds.
    Device in safe mode
  4. While in Safe Mode, remove the most recently installed applications.
  5. Power cycle the device then attempt to use the device.
  6. If the device works properly, install applications one at a time to identify the application causing the problem.

Disable Safe Mode..

1. Press and hold the Power button.
    Press and hold down the Power Key
  2. Select Restart.
    Select Power off

0 Likes