Facebook keeps logging out and Phone overheats
RayRey

After I downloaded ICS, the Facebook app from the Play Store keeps logging me out. After it logs me off, I then get a message saying "Authorization Failed." It un-syncs my friends from my contacts. This happened to me like 4 times already and its annoying. Is anyone else having this problem?

My phone seems to get hotter after the update as well. Other then that, I love the update

0 Likes
Re: Facebook keeps logging out and Phone overheats
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

My phone was doing that for a while, then it stopped. I don't remember, but there may have been an app update that fixed it, out maybe it was an issue on Facebook's end.

0 Likes
JiveTurkey15
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here, My facebook has logged out 3 times so far, and Instagram only did it once moments after I finished ICS update 2 days ago. Not sure what's going on here???

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RayRey, I know how frustrating this can be and I’m here to help! Having issues with the apps on your phone is never fun.

A large update like Android 4.0 brings many changes all intended to bring enhancements to the user experience. But it can also not be compatible with other apps on the phone. I suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the FaceBook app and see if that helps.

If you’re still having issue after reinstalling the app run the phone in Safe Mode http://bit.ly/vDpqOD to see if another 3rd party app is causing the issue. If the issue persists while in safe mode I would recommend a hard reset http://bit.ly/wLmjGs to fix the issues after the software update.

Post back if you need further assistance.

John B

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Kujo_31

I too am having the same issues. Not with overheating, just with Facebook logging out. I've tried to uninstall the app but its embedded so it doesn't do a complete uninstall. It started doing this after ICS update. It logs me out at about the same time every day. It seems to only be a rezound issue as I know people with Razrs and they are not having the same issue after the update. The update has nice features but is definitely a battery killer.

0 Likes
BozChaz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm getting that same problem, it's happened aproximately 4 or 5 times to me. It did it right away for a couple of times, and then stopped for about a week and a half, and then yesterday it happened again. Slightly irritating...

0 Likes
cbud72
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Rezound just started deauthorizing Facebook this week. Happened once  a couple days go and now it is doing it 2-3 times a day. Getting frustrating!

0 Likes
RayRey

it still keeps on doing the same thing and I've given it a couple weeks. Its become a common problem among others. I believe it has to do something with Facebook itself. I hope you can get a hold of Facebook and fix this problem. I have never had this problem until ICS was updated. I also believe it has to do with not being compatible with the ICS update. I hope you can fix this ASAP because it has become really unsatisfying.

I also want to make sure you get the update to the Maps fixed because that's become a common problem with us Rezound users

Thank You

0 Likes