Re: Faint ringing HTC One
Erik2013

I'm having the same problem with my One.  It's actually my second One.  Exchanged my first this afternoon after the people at the Verizon store had no clue (they heard the sound too) what was going on.  My signal strength is fluctuating between -101dBm to -105dBm and my mobile network type is eHRPD here at home.  It was also doing it when I was in town running errands today. So, I'll check the next time I'm out and it starts chirping at me.  I'm hopeful we're onto something here since Verizon appears to have no answers. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Erik2013

One more thing to add: my first phone (HTC One) was doing it this afternoon while at the Verizon store and had 4 bars.

0 Likes
rtpbiker

Azz316 - It's possible my wife's Droid DNA phone started faint ringing in a low reception area but I don't know for sure.  Both times she was out running errands in a different town.  After getting back home she gave her phone to me while it was still ringing and asked me to fix it.  In my case when my HTC one phone started ringing, I think I had good reception all cases.

0 Likes
Azz316
Enthusiast - Level 2

Started doing it again this morning while on the charger.  I turned Airplane mode on and it kept "ringing".  I disabled almost every running application I could and no change.  I turned location services off...no luck.  I went into ringtones and the ringtones sound AND the faint ringing is still going in the background.  Turned vibration mode on and off etc.  Nothing worked.  Again I had to start a call, then end it to make the noise go away.

Specs for RANDOM64 this time

Signal Strength: RSRP(dBm) -102  

Mobile Network Type: LTE

Different from last time

0 Likes
rickyp271

I have also experienced this ringing.Just got the phone 5 days ago.Started doing it when I was in a low signal area.When I made a call the ringing stopped.Also did it with the phone off.

0 Likes
macri
Enthusiast - Level 3

On my third phone now from a completely different store and it has the same problem. I have a few days left before my 14 day return limit is over. I'm seriously considering getting a different phone. The only problem is I don't think any other phone compares to this one. I don't know if I should roll the dice and let verizon or HTC fix it.  Looking at the DNA problem doesn't give me a whole lot of hope.

0 Likes
rtpbiker

Considering this problem has been around since December of last year (2012) and exists on two devices, I doubt it will be fixed anytime soon (if ever).  Between that and some other problems I've experienced with the phone (ex: HTC Blinkfeed's Facebook authorization scheme is completely broken), I wish I'd gotten a Galaxy Samsung S4.

0 Likes
gambrej
Enthusiast - Level 3

Has anyone else got a new Sims card. I had them change my Sims card and the

problem has not happened again. Even when I have low signal it is working

fine now. It had been 5 days since I got the new Sims.

0 Likes
macri
Enthusiast - Level 3

All 3 phones I have tried have had different sim cards. The DNA owners have tried new sim cards and it hasn't worked for them. But maybe there are a bunch of bad sim cards floating around. Keep us updated if this keeps your phone from ringing. Mine only seems to do it at work since I'm in such horrible coverage. But it's consistance in that it does it atleast once a day at work.

0 Likes
gambrej
Enthusiast - Level 3

There was one spot where mine was doing it every time and since the SIM

exchange I have not been able to duplicate the problem. Went there twice

over the weekend and phone never made the noise and it kept good signal

where as I was only getting 2 bars on 3g in the area now getting almost

full bars on 4g in the same spot. Still not sure if this is the issue but I

did have my phone on 4G LTE and switch to global once I got the new Sims. I

will switch back to 4g lte and go back to the spot and see if my coverage

is affected.