Re: Faint ringing HTC One
HighDesert
Contributor - Level 2

I just got back from a 2-week road/camping trip that occasionally took me through areas with no signal at all (as well as areas with no 4G and areas with only "1x"), which means that there were points/areas in which the phone would be switching bands to find a signal -- the condition that seemed to bring on the FR for me in the past.

But no FR on this trip nor at all since the update. Smiley Happy

raphytaffy

I was just recently contacted by someone from HTC who is working on resolving this issue. I have a hard time reproducing the faint ringing, so I was hoping that someone who can reproduce it easily could help out.

The next time the faint ringing occurs, can someone connect it to the audio jack on their computer and record the sound it makes? I think it would be a lot easier to isolate where this issue is coming from if they can have an audio sample of the ring.

0 Likes
Horhay_J

Just for anyone monitoring this thread; HTC and VZW are aware of and working on this issue together.  Last official update I found on it was from early Oct. which stated a software update was in the works

0 Likes
TUXEDOTRAVIS

I just had this problem for the first time. I recorded the ringing to Archive .org with the title HTC One Faint Ringing. The link is below.

https://archive.org/download/HTCOneFaintRinging/HTC_One_FaintRinging.mp3

0 Likes
raphytaffy

Awesome, I'll pass it along to HTC. Thanks!

0 Likes
k8iejer

Have you heard anything yet? My phone has been doing this for a few months, just weeks after buying it. I have tracked it down to only having the problem immediately after I enter a store, my children's schools, and some restaurants. The only way it stops is by resetting the phone or making a phone call.

0 Likes
Azz316
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, after the update we received back in Oct I waited to see if the "ringing" would go away and I must report I haven't had the issue for going on 3 months now.   Maybe I should start another thread or find an existing which talks about the phone losing Mobile Data connection.  This issue just started happening about a week ago.  It will periodically lose connection, at least once a day, I go into settings and it says "connecting" then disconnects.  The only fix so far is to restart the phone.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Go into your settings, Mobile data, and be sure your preferred network is set to LTE/CDMA.  After a reset, ours went back to Global... and the connection was flaky.  Once reset to LTE/CDMA, much better.

0 Likes