File download from phone to computer
fcknay

Is like fucking impossible. I've had this phone close to years and any videos or pics i have can't be uploaded to my computer. When i plug my phone it asks to download driver that doesn't fucking download nor it recognizes it.

I have videos i can't upload to youtube b/c i have no fucking idea how to upload to my computer. When i try to upload directly to youtube, 1.5 min in video is too fucking big.

Need help. last leg on android here...

0 Likes
Re: File download from phone to computer
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You have the Thunderbolt?

Turn the phone off. Take the battery cover off and battery out. Pop out the micro SD card. Use a card reader with the computer to read the card as a removable drive.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
danod2
Enthusiast - Level 3

From My Computer open the files from your phone, look for the Media folder and open it, or the video folder, do a copy and past from your phone to your computer

0 Likes
pwolfe

I have the same problem, but from My Computer, I don't see a media folder, but the only drive I can open pulls up

V Cast Media Manager and my pictures aren't there.  Any thoughts?  Thank you.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the phone in "mount as disk drive" mode when you connect it to the computer? Check by pulling down the notification window on the phone and change the USB connection to "mount as disk drive".

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
pwolfe

Hi Ann154. Thank you for this information. Mine was not in 'mount as disk drive' mode. Now that I have that part

complete, can you tell me the next steps? When I try to load the pictures and videos, it pulls in thousands of thumbnails that includes files from games, etc. It appears to be set to only pull my new pictures and videos, but it doesn't do that.

How can I select only what I want? Thank you so much!

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hello pwolfe, I'm glad you were able to get a step further. Once your phone is mounted in disk drive, this will show all available files on your SD card. You would need find the folder your pictures and videos are located in. Normally they should be listed under Pictures, Videos or Media. For pictures that aren't showing on your SD card, but are in your phone, verify they are saved to the SD card. You can either open the picture, select the Menu button then Details or Properties to see the file path; or remove the SD card to see if the pictures are still showing. If the pictures are on the internal memory, check to see if there are any folders listed for the internal memory. If not, you may need to use a third party file manager application on the phone to move files from the internal memory to the SD card.

MarquiaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes