Firmware Download
jlhuber81

My HTC shows that it's downloading firmware (updates from verizon?), but it never finishes.  It's been downloading for three days with no progress.  How can I get it to finish or stop?

0 Likes
Re: Firmware Download
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey jlhuber81:

We want you to be able to download the update! Have you tried restarting the device by pulling out the battery? You can also dial *228 and send and choose option 1 to see if that helps. If not, do you get any errors when attempting to finish the download?

Keep us posted!

Regards,

MikeS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The battery isn't removable on the HTC Rhyme.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
suzwood

Has your question ever been answered/solved? I have the exact same problem with my Rhyme. I have restarted the device a # of times. You are correct, I can't remove the battery.....I will try the *228 option 1 next.

But if anyone knows anything new about this, please share!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear Suzwood,

Good afternoon. We want to ensure you are able to download updates that provide benefits to your phone. You are correct, the battery on the HTC Rhyme is not removable. Have you tried dialing the *228 send and select option 1? Please keep us updated. How much memory do you have on your phone? To check memory click and follow the steps http://vz.to/11YSohY.  If this does not work, can you try removing any free apps you have running on phone then retry downloading the software. Please keep us updated.

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes