Flashing HTC ONE from Sprint to Verizon
canadezo121

OK, I currently have an active Sprint phone here in Las Vegas, NV. It is the worst service I've ever experienced; Cricket has better service. I had Verizon before; and still daydream about having it again. So; I want to Flash my phone to Verizon, is it possible to flash from Sprint to Verizon? IF so; will I get Verizon's 4G LTE, I currently have the HTC ONE. Let me know. Ty!

PS. I want Verizon's PrePaid service if that at all changes the answer...

0 Likes
Re: Flashing HTC ONE from Sprint to Verizon
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, you can't "flash" a phone to work on the Verizon Wireless network.

No, you can't activate a 4G LTE phone like the HTC One (even if it is or isn't the Verizon Wireless branded version) on their prepaid plans.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
diamondx
Enthusiast - Level 2

What do u mean "can't activate a 4g phone -even if it is verizon branded on pp plans" ?   I am looking at a used verizon note 2 with a clean & usable esn to activate on vzw prepaid(no contract)   and was under the assumption that this will work and be ok to do.  Am I misunderstanding something ?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The VZW prepaid plans only allow 3G only smartphones on them. You can't activate any 4G LTE phone on a VZW prepaid calling plan.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
diamondx
Enthusiast - Level 2

so then why are  used 4g phones being sold ... and I am told by verizon that the esn is good and can be activated. What plan will I need to buy ?

I am really confused here.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can activate a used Verizon Wireless 4G LTE phone on the postpaid plans such as the Share Everything Plans.

0 Likes
diamondx
Enthusiast - Level 2

if I understand it correctly --I would be paying $40 mo.just for access and I own the ph.   Why would I spend $300-400 for a ph and still pay verizon 40 a month ???   That is the reason for buying my own phone --to SAVE money on my bill.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

diamondx wrote:

if I understand it correctly --I would be paying $40 mo.just for access and I own the ph.   Why would I spend $300-400 for a ph and still pay verizon 40 a month ???   That is the reason for buying my own phone --to SAVE money on my bill.

No, the Share Everything Plans have two components. The account access fee (the shared data bucket) price plus the line access fee of $40 per smartphone or $30 per basic phone. So you have $40 (Line access) + $60 (account/data fee) = $100 plus taxes. There is no discount for bringing your own device purchased elsewhere.

0 Likes
diamondx
Enthusiast - Level 2

"No"  ??  u r giving me a headache !     You answer "no " and then agree with me in your last sentence.

So . WHY are there used 4g phones selling if there is no advantage to owning it ?

and typical verizon cs --- leave out the part about being usable --only you'll pay extra. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The used phones are selling because the owners bought a new phone often at full price so they could keep their unlimited data plan and get a new phone. Or someone didn't like their phone and switched to a different OS.

Simply put, prepaid on Verizon Wireless is 3G only. The 4G LTE smartphones can be used on the postpaid plans.

0 Likes