Frequently dropped 3G connection for the past week
kingler

Since the Thunderbolt 2.11.605.9 code update a week ago, my 3G data connection is dropping frequently for a minute or two and then the 3G designation reappears until it drops again in a few minutes.  In other words, the 3G data connection has become very unreliable.  Is anyone else seeing this happen?   The voice connection appears to be fine, and so it's just the data connection that is dropping frequently.   I am in a 3G-only area in southern Minnesota.

0 Likes
Re: Frequently dropped 3G connection for the past week
budone
Legend

I get it where the 3G will drop, return, drop, return every few seconds. It happens rarely, but when it does, I go in then out of  airplane mode and all is well.

0 Likes
Frequently dropped 3G connection for the past week
superman910

I am having the same problem with 4g and 3G where my data just drops and cycles on and off. This is the third time and second thunderbolt I have had that does this. All Verizon support says is to do a hard reset and do a wipe....no help

0 Likes
tprice1960

Same problem here since update 2.11.605.9.   Goes from 4G to 1X to off or off and on constantly.   Cycling data access helps occasionally.    Was very solid on 4G before the update.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

it may not be related to the the update. i'm not on that version (i'm on 2.11.605.5) and i have experienced these issues, off and on, for the past week. the few times it has happened, i just switch from 3g to 4g, or vica versa (via the LTE OnOff app) and it sticks for a day or so.....then acts up again.

0 Likes
jim_philly

I'm having the same issue, however I think the issue started with the original Gingerbread update for me, and not with a subsequent update.  I notice this problem most in areas where 3G signal strength is low... and in these areas, my phone was happy with 1 or 2 bars of 3G service, whereas now it doesn't seem to like the weak signal.

Maybe the minimum threshold for the phone to maintain a connection to 3G has been raised?  My understanding is that a lot of the Wifi issues people have been experiencing are related to raising the minimum wifi signal threshold so that it drops the connection below -88dBm.

0 Likes