Front facing camera ThunderBolt not working... help?
Chief314
Enthusiast - Level 2

My wife and I both have the HTC ThunderBolt. We purchased them the same day from Best Buy as brand new phones (not refurbished). Her phone some how out of thin air had a major conflict of booting up one day. I tried everything I could to try and get it to boot (especially after talking to 3 Verizon CSR's 3 different days for at least 1-2hrs each), tried normal power up, tried power up while plugged into wall charger, tried pulling battery, pulling SIM, pulling SD card, even factory reset... nothing worked. The last CSR said they will mail her a new (refurbished) ThunderBolt since it's still under Verizon's warrenty (not an insurance claim), due to a software issue and not a hardware issue. We got the new (refurbished) phone and activated it with no problems.

The Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) update finally became available to our phones. I was excited about it. About a month after updating to ICS on our phones, her front facing camera no longer works. We hadn't tried it immediately after the update, so we don't know if it worked or not until afterwards. My front facing camera works fine, however her's does not. We've tried clearing the camera cache, pulling the battery, and restarting the phone. Still isn't working. I'd hate to try and do a factory reset, but I'm about to unless there are any other options. We enjoyed using Google Talk (Hangouts) webcam chat, Skype, and ooVoo with our family members so they were able to talk/see our children and keep in touch with us.

I've seen quite a few threads of this post, but haven't seen many people say they've done something (suggested by a Verizon CSR or Tech rep) at it's worked.

Anyone have any advice, please?

0 Likes
Front facing camera ThunderBolt not working... help?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try clearing the cache and data for the camera app.

As far as I know, the front camera on my Tbolt still works.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Front facing camera ThunderBolt not working... help?
Chief314
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ann154, I've tried doing that to her phone, already. Still doesn't do anything. My front camera is fine on my TBolt. I've never had a problem with mine, just on hers.

0 Likes
Re: Front facing camera ThunderBolt not working... help?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried clearing the system cache through the recovery menu? I think the steps have been posted on the community before, but I don't have quick access to the link with the steps right now. If that doesn't work, it might be worth the effort to complete a factory reset.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes