Fyi - Gingerbread 2.3.4 / build 2.11.605.3 pulled back
KeifR

Phone state: As the subject line suggests, I am currently running the Gingerbread 2.3.4 build 2.11.605.3 posted on the various forums.

I just spoke with a VZW tier 2 tech support person about my data connection totally dropping periodically post-update.  She said that this update has been pulled back and they are overnighting me a new phone.  Said that the new phone will not have the update, nor get the OTA update until they finish working on it some more and re-release.  She was unsure about any particular build number to keep an eye out for.

For reference, I'm in Houston.

0 Likes
Re: Fyi - Gingerbread 2.3.4 / build 2.11.605.3 pulled back
Wildman
Legend

There is a number of post already about this, the update was pulled about a day or two after the original release.  The update was pulled because of the voice mail notification bug where the notification did not work.

As for the data connection completely dropping, there has been netwotk issues with this happening and the update was not the nature of the issue, i really think you are wasting your time with getting the replacement device.  Try hard resetting the device before recieving the new device..

0 Likes
KeifR

Did hard-reset, no change.  I looked through a few threads to see if had been pulled back, but didn't see much of anything about it.  Sorry for the duplicate thread.

0 Likes
patt3332
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi KeifR,

I started having the same problem right after the Gingerbread update, but starting Sunday, my connection improved a lot and it's now better than it was before the update. I don't think I've lost my 4G connection at work since Sunday and that's where I had the biggest problem. I'm inclined to agree with Wildman that it's probably a network problem and not the 8 to 10 restarts I did over about a 2 1/2 day period. My phone was exhibiting a few other odd behaviors after the update, but has since pretty much straightened out and is working great except for the voice mail notification.

I'm sure you'll check out the replacement very well when you get it and if it's possible to compare the data connection between the two phones, I'll be interested in hearing if there is any difference.

Good luck and keep us informed

0 Likes
KeifR
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend
eHRPD setting is present in the programming menu but I do not see any option to edit its settings without the programming password, can you share the link so I can investigate a bit further?
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
@wildman
I sent you a PM with the password. Although it is posted on this forum buried in the LTEpocalypse threads.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend
Thank You Ann... Ill have to investigate into it more..
0 Likes
patt3332
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just thought I'd mention that I made the change Christina suggested and posted that I thought it did improve my 4G connection. The operative word being "thought", since to me, it's difficult to gauge something like that if there isn't a fairly significant change. I didn't sit up all night and count the number of times it dropped out before and after the change, so it was purely subjective. Others tried it and thought it did nothing to help. I have the Gingerbread update and just checked the modem settings and it is set at Rev. A by default.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

patt3332 wrote:

I just thought I'd mention that I made the change Christina suggested and posted that I thought it did improve my 4G connection. The operative word being "thought", since to me, it's difficult to gauge something like that if there isn't a fairly significant change. I didn't sit up all night and count the number of times it dropped out before and after the change, so it was purely subjective. Others tried it and thought it did nothing to help. I have the Gingerbread update and just checked the modem settings and it is set at Rev. A by default.

I am planning to allow it to run through the SDK all night and investigate the system log to verify any change, I do not plan to judge strickly by a feeling that it helps are not, this is more reliable data because any issues or errors will be noted during the test and I will know how helpful this is...  

Thanks for the feedback, may I ask are you running the latest 2.3.4 build update or the stock MR2 still?

0 Likes