GINGERBREAD 2.3.? For Thunderbolt
fanman2
Enthusiast - Level 2

There have been MANY posts on various forums across the net regarding GINGERBREAD 2.3.? coming to the Thunderbolt sometime in Q2.

Does anybody have anything DEFINITE or more specific on this subject ?

Thanks...:smileyhappy:!!

0 Likes
Re: GINGERBREAD 2.3.? For Thunderbolt
yellowcanary73
Your on Verison don't hold your breath.First Verizon will hold it back till all the supposed newer phones are released then have it for a few months to add all their bloat wear. •¿•
0 Likes
Chiripo
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have until June 30th, that is when the quarter ends.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

oh the smell of Gingerbread on this lovely Monday afternoon. :smileywink:

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

PJNC284 wrote:

^^^^ Really? ^^^^ is that on your Thunderbolt or a real Google phone? If on your T-bolt please give us a little info. I was playing with a Nexus S this weekend and I think T-Mobile and I are going to have a talk cause that thing is awesome. The google video chat is perfect and didn't require a shady download of a leaked Skype apk. 

I found this to be an intersting read check it out. http://www.androidcentral.com/androids-most-wanted-new-phones-current-os

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

I guess I spoke to soon cause now I just read this http://www.androidcentral.com/test-build-android-234-leaks-thunderbolt#comment-139066

PJNC284 maybe you could let us know about your impressions of that build. 

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

That would be my phone running a Gingerbread RUU that was leaked this morning. It's not publicly available and likely won't be the version pushed out in the next couple months by Verizon but it is available for the impatient among us.  Camera doesn't work and the weather for the current location hangs and may or may not work but seems to be working fine other than those little annoyances.  The Google Chat w/ Video isn't in the rom but there is a version floating around that's supposed to work on any 2.3 rom so we'll see.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

PJNC284 wrote:

PJNC284, you are such a tease! :smileyvery-happy: :smileywink: Having said that, I am glad to hear there is a leak build out in the wilds. It means that for those of us who are not that adventurous will have the official build someday. :smileyhappy:

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Here's a video from droid-life.com for those who want Gingerbread for the Thunderbolt looks like.  Looks and feels pretty much the same as Froyo with a couple enhancements/tweaks.  Would be nice to get all the cool features of Sense 3.0 but suppose 2.1 is good enough.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Oh those quick settings from the notification window... Gimme!

Can hardly wait now, but I will be good to the Thunderbolt. My Droid Eris however is another story.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes