Getting anxious and nervous...
mar9el

Hey all HTC Rezound users! I've just received my Rezound today and decided to join the forum to read on the shared discussion. I have not activated my device and still running on my original Motorola Droid X. I was quite anxious and excited to change phones but now am hesitant to do so after reading all the ongoing issues on this forum.

Is it really that bad? No fixes on some of the issues specially the My Verizon taking over and making the phone unusable?

0 Likes
Getting anxious and nervous...
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Keep in mind that this forum mostly exists as a place to air grievances and find solutions.  While some users are experiencing some awful issues, I wouldn't say that it's across the board.  Except for my Rezound getting hot while playing games (which may not even be an issue compared to how others have stated their phones overheat), I personally haven't experienced any of them.  I don't think that there is any smartphone on the market where at least some users haven't had some problems, including the D X.  I say activate it and stick around here in case anything does pop up.  You could also check out AndroidForums.com and the forums over at AndroidCentral and see if there is anything else that may sway you.

0 Likes
Re: Getting anxious and nervous...
RJQuinnman
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had mine for a couple weeks now and have had no major problems.  Only problem so far was my clock kept changing to a different time-zone randomly when on "Automatically Detect".  And by randomly, I mean when I needed to wake up, my clock would be an hour off causing my alarm not to go off.  Caused me 2 days of a little frustration.  I have since set that time and date manually, and haven't had any problems since.  Loving the 1.5 ghz

0 Likes

The Rezound is a much better phone than the Droid X. After the Gingerbread update a year ago, the DX probably had more issues than the Rezound has- out of the gate.

0 Likes
pat3332
Contributor - Level 2

Maybe I'm a little cynical, but I am way past expecting any Android smart phone to be trouble free and waiting to find one that doesn't have any problems at all could be a long wait. It's also a matter of expectations. Some people expect more from the phones than they can ever deliver since they are now combination micro computers with HD displays/wireless modems/high mp cameras that are crammed with tiny high powered electronic components with little to no ventilation and batteries that are unable to keep up with their needs.

As far as the problem with My Verizon taking over the phone, I have actually seen so few reports of it that I wouldn't even worry about it. Besides, you have the trial period to exchange it if you have a serious problem. All things considered, I couldn't be happier with my Rezound. I consider it the best smart phone Verizon has, so stop worrying about what might happen, activate it and have fun.

0 Likes