Getting on to the full site.
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

Anyone got info on how to access a full site and stop from being redirected to the mobile site? For example Facebook I tried bookmaking the full site when I was on the full site but when I use the bookmark it auto-redirects me to the crappy new mobile site. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Getting on to the full site.
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks to you both, I did the about:debug and didn't see exactly what you were talking about but did find " Mobile view " which is in the regular settings menu and unchecked that. Now I can get the regular sites. 

I was reading about SkyFire this morning but had not tried it yet. 

So basically all I did was open the browser > hit menu > More > Settings > then uncheck " mobile view ". 

Thanks again for the quick reply,

Gary 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

No Root required:

1.  Open browser

2.  In the Address box type about:debug

3.  Hit enter - Should act as nothing happened

4.  Hit menu - Menu should show a lot more options than before

5.  Go to settings

6.  Diable able mobile sites (I believe thats the name of it)

I returned my TB due to me needing more battery life.  Went back to my i4.

0 Likes
rsuri2

There is a 3rd party browser call SkyFire that will allow you to toggle between full site and mobile when browsing the web.

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks to you both, I did the about:debug and didn't see exactly what you were talking about but did find " Mobile view " which is in the regular settings menu and unchecked that. Now I can get the regular sites. 

I was reading about SkyFire this morning but had not tried it yet. 

So basically all I did was open the browser > hit menu > More > Settings > then uncheck " mobile view ". 

Thanks again for the quick reply,

Gary 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Sorry that was it.  lol I knew it was something like that.  I returned my bolt the day prior to seeing your post so I couldn't check it.

0 Likes