Re: Getting rid of verizon
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

mjay wrote:

what do you work for verizon i paid $ 500 plus to upgrade to the thunderbolt plus $300 etf want to by mine for $800 so i can pay my etf when the lawyer writes you a letter asking if you want in onthe law suit dont join it if you love verizon so much and by the way i contacted a firm today

*facepalm*

READ my signature, please.

0 Likes
Re: Getting rid of verizon
AZSALUKI
Legend

mjay wrote:

what do you work for verizon i paid $ 500 plus to upgrade to the thunderbolt plus $300 etf want to by mine for $800 so i can pay my etf when the lawyer writes you a letter asking if you want in onthe law suit dont join it if you love verizon so much and by the way i contacted a firm today

if you paid $500 plus, then you paid full retail, which would mean you are not in a contract and would have no etf. if you signed a new 2 year contract and recieved discounted pricing, then you paid no more than $250 for it. 

0 Likes
Re: Getting rid of Verizon
affont

Mine went willie long after 14 days. That's the most frustrating aspect. It is as if they shortened their warranty with knowledge. The other carriers have 30 day return policies. I wondered why at the time of sign up... I now wonder if they were working off of experience and wanted to lower their liability after the Droid X issues...  That would be most unethical and very disappointing. I hope that I am wrong. 

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

affont wrote:

Mine went willie long after 14 days. That's the most frustrating aspect. It is as if they shortened their warranty with knowledge. The other carriers have 30 day return policies. I wondered why at the time of sign up... I now wonder if they were working off of experience and wanted to lower their liability after the Droid X issues...  That would be most unethical and very disappointing. I hope that I am wrong. 

if anything its due to having people return phones as deffective when its just a bad app

so many people have no clue and often the cause of thier own problem

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

mdram4x4 wrote:

affont wrote:

if anything its due to having people return phones as deffective when its just a bad app

I completely agree. If your phone stopped working long after you received it, it's NOT a software issue, otherwise it would have been like that from the start. It is most definitely an app, whether you want to believe that or not.

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

vereyezuhn wrote:

mdram4x4 wrote:

affont wrote:

I completely agree. If your phone stopped working long after you received it, it's NOT a software issue, otherwise it would have been like that from the start. It is most definitely an app, whether you want to believe that or not.

Same apps plus some on the Charge, DX, and D1 that I had on my Thunderbolt and no reboots, freezes, lost messages, and less connection issues. So I'm going to say it's an HTC issue. 

0 Likes
jimnycricket65

I wish I can simply leave Verizon but I am married to it with 8 accounts.

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

GreenRobot wrote:

Same apps plus some on the Charge, DX, and D1 that I had on my Thunderbolt and no reboots, freezes, lost messages, and less connection issues. So I'm going to say it's an HTC issue. 

If that were true, the issues would be happening from the moment you activate it/turn it on in the store. Now, as I've said many times before.... Certain apps are made for certain phones. And if you get an app that's made for certain phones OTHER than yours, it will NOT work properly (and YES, apps CAN mess with your settings/phone - why do you think it shows you what the apps access on your phone??? So you know what it affects) Apps are in fact (yes, it's a FACT) the major cause of smartphone problems (that, and plain user error) Take a look at your apps on your current phone under Settings. You'll see that they access a LOT more than they should (some games even have access to your SMS) and that is exactly how they mess with your phone. The makers of these apps have atleast some control of your phone and can put anything on it with Android.

You can argue with this up, down, left, and right (which you already do) but the fact of the matter is, those of us who accept this and are willing to troubleshoot and remove certain apps will spend far less money and time trying to fix our phones, while you spend countless hours on the phone with Verizon getting replacement after replacement (which I know you have) when it's really a simple fix at home.

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

vereyezuhn wrote:

You can argue with this up, down, left, and right (which you already do) but the fact of the matter is, those of us who accept this and are willing to troubleshoot and remove certain apps will spend far less money and time trying to fix our phones, while you spend countless hours on the phone with Verizon getting replacement after replacement (which I know you have) when it's really a simple fix at home.

So you're saying when I got the second replacement and used a brand new gmail account so I did not transfer over any settings or apps then only downloaded Adobe air, reader, and flash then a few Google inc. apps and had problems with it with in 24 hours ( of activating, not necessarily downloading an app ) that I should accept that and remove those in order to keep my time and money that I choose to spend on a device that should run them? I understand that apps have permissions and can change things my point is that the HTC Thunderbolt is to weak or poorly designed to handle them. My two phones before and the one after my Tbolt can handle them just fine so it's not a user problem it was the device. Sure maybe it just doesn't work for ME and you are just fine with removing an apps to keep from having to talk to VZW support but thats not what I wanted. The thing about getting replacement after replacement that was VZWs answer to my problems not mine if the tech support at VZW told me that a new device would not make any difference and to hold off till another update rolled out or gave me some way to revert buck to the original software then I would probably still have a Thunderbolt. I am not unreasonable and I'm sure the rest of the Thunderbolt owning community members that have the same issues don't think they are either. Most of us came from smartphones and know what to expect and were disappointed that our new device couldn't deliver. I don't know how often you drop by the Charge forum but that one is dead compared to the Tbolt and just goes to show that not all phones have the new phone issues like the Tbolt still has enough said. 

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

the charge forum looks similar to me? battery issues, emailing issues, can't open mms, etc, etc. sure, there are fewer threads started, but it's also only been out a month and since the tbolt outsold the iphone in march, i am guessing there are about 3 times as many tbolts in circulation, as there are charges (although i can never seem to find these types of figures). i'm not saying that the tbolt doesn't have more issues......but you can't really judge that by forum activity. if that were the case then you could say the kin is absolutely flawless. however, i suspect there's nobody in the kin forums because nobody owns a kin....lol. or take the sony experia for example. by your logic, the experia must be the perfect android......but i suspect it's just because nobody owns an experia. heck, i believe the iphone forum created more threads than any android device within a month of it's realease, but i don't believe it's because the iphone is awful. the droidX forum is by far the most active of any forum. does that make it the wrost device that verizon carries?

0 Likes