Ginger Bread doesn't necessarily mean Sense 3.0
ghamden

Ginger Bread doesn't necessarily mean Sense 3.0

I think people are seeing sense 3.0 and confusing it with GB 2.3.4

Most likely won't be in the OEM GB release

possibly an addon ??

but you will most likely have to root to get any Sense 3.0 features.

0 Likes
Re: Ginger Bread doesn't necessarily mean Sense 3.0
Wildman
Legend

GB 2.3.4 doesnt in any way guarentee Sense 3.0, basically I dont see HTC including 3.0 on any official stock builds for the Thunderbolt because the amount of resources it uses, once Verizon add their Boatware, all the apps the users will install and then Sense 3.0 is installed I dont see the device having enough memory to not have issues.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend
Which is a real shame because sense 3.0 it pretty slick!
0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

yup.  ❤️ GB and Sense 3.0.  Mainly just added bloat but it sure is pretty to look at. :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
Ambushbug

I'm pretty sure they have already confirmed Sense 3.0 will not make it onto the Thunderbolt, instead we will get sense 2.1 which contains some elements of 3.0. The company line was that 3.0 will be utilized by dual core devices, not sure if that's still the case. There are several ROM's out there with Sense 3.0 which run pretty well, though a lot of people complain it's a little laggy. Haven't tried it myself.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Actually I have seen Sense 3.0 on a TB and it runs pretty smooth but it does get a hickup from time to time.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Less hiccups than official roms and the irony is that they roms are pretty much just a mashup of the initial Thunderbolt gingerbread leak and Sense 3.0 from the Evo 3D.  It's amazing at what these developers can do given their lack of resources.  Imagine if Verizon or HTC actually supported the development community.  Suppose that's the benefit of those who love what they're doing and like helping the end user v those who are just in it to pad their wallets.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I cant do nothing but agree with you on this one, the Android developers can do some amazing things and I also say that you are right that some of their work does run better than the stock ROM but I am really prepared to blame this on some of the applications that the manufacture and service previders decides to have preinstalled.

0 Likes