Gingerbread Update ... Great Battery Life fix BUT NO I HAVE RANDOM REBOOTS AGAIN!!!!
powerplaygraphi

I was all excited to get the Gingerbread update.  It really seemed to pep up my phone and improved my battery life but now I'm having force closes and random reboots.  THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!!!   This phone SHOULD NOT HAVE this many problems.  WHY CAN'T they get this thing straight?  This is the first time I've ever said this, but I'd almost be willing to take part in a class action law suit if there was one going on.  This thing should go under the "Lemon Law"

0 Likes
Re: Gingerbread Update ... Great Battery Life fix BUT NO I HAVE RANDOM REBOOTS AGAIN!!!!
ggghomie
I don't want to sue... I just want my phone to stop randomly rebooting! it worked perfectly fine until the update.
0 Likes
Re: Gingerbread Update ... Great Battery Life fix BUT NO I HAVE RANDOM REBOOTS AGAIN!!!!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Are there any specific applications that are force closing? If you can try to uninstall and then reinstall them.

It also might be worth considering to complete a factory reset just to ensure that any leftover code is cleared out.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
powerplaygraphi

It Locks up with ANYTHING I'm running.  It randomly reboots when it's sitting there with nothing going on.  It's rebooting JUST LIKE it was with the OTA a couple of revisions back.  

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

I'd try a factory reset as it sounds like something got botched.  

0 Likes
ilad

My wife and i both have Tbolts. Hers keeps rebooting after the gingerbread ota update and it nver did that before but her battry would drain more than mine. It also plays the wrong ringtones. Mine is fine. Both were setup identitcal. If i factory reset, my wife will loose her apps and data. To backup i have to root but that voids my warranty. How stupid is this!!! Even our old treo 650's from which we updated from had a way to backup and restore.

Verizon are you going to fix this problem and what do i do?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Ann154 wrote:
Are there any specific applications that are force closing? If you can try to uninstall and then reinstall them.

It also might be worth considering to complete a factory reset just to ensure that any leftover code is cleared out.

PJNC284 wrote:

I'd try a factory reset as it sounds like something got botched.  

I agree with both of these statements, Ann is correct that this sounds like a possible application issue, almost half the issues after a update comes from a stray uncompatible application and like PJNC284 reported a hard reset is highly suggested when a major update is done on the device..

0 Likes