Gingerbread update for HTC Thunderbolt?
MamaxMaria

Sorry if this has been asked before....I'm new to the forums....

I was just wondering if anyone one has any information about when/if the thunderbolt will receive gingerbread?

I'm an original droid user.... upgraded to iphone 4.... got bored with it.... so i traded with a friend for the Thunderbolt.

So far I loooooove it. Not having any problems with it like it seems many others are. The battery life does really suck but I have 2 chargers and a car charger. And teaked my settings to save battery life.....

the only thing I wish I could do was watch netflix! and from my understanding this will only be possible by rooting (which I dont want to do, can't afford to get a new phone god forbid I mess something up) or getting the OTA update!

anyone have any ideas? I've read around it was expected to to be out by now, so whats going on?!?!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Gingerbread update for HTC Thunderbolt?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Netflix is now supported for the Tbolt.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Netflix is now supported for the Tbolt.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Digitos
Enthusiast - Level 3
What Ann154 said. Go get it on Android Market.
0 Likes
Mrprez1054
The app on the market is 1.2 it doesnt support streaming, you will have to visit xda or search google for a link to the 1.3 version and it will work flawlesy.
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
The app was updated yesterday to 1.3 on the market. Check and you might have an update available.

http://market.android.com/details?id=com.netflix.mediaclient

0 Likes
DrJoeKim

Any updates from the Verizon team regarding the Gingerbread update for the ThunderBolt?

0 Likes
Sborden
Enthusiast - Level 3

No update...The lastest Rumor  Note I said 'Rumor"  that the udpate was pulled back for some bug issues.

None knows for sure if that was the radio update or the GB update, since the "Official" persons VZ and HTC never give you any information, and "if" they do you are never sure if they are blowing smoke up your hindside or if it is actually true.

0 Likes
jeffpc
Enthusiast - Level 3

If it has bugs, I'd believe them.  The last thing we need is a buggy update, last time was a nightmare.  Let's hope they have the sense to test any new updates.

0 Likes