Gmail Error
gish

I set up the email account on this phone with my Gmail, and it'll work fine for a couple days, then stops receiving messages. I usually just delete the account and set it up again, but this time it's throwing this error: "503 80345: The password and username you entered did not authenticate with your email provider. Please try again." I tested the password on my computer, and it's fine, so there's no reason it shouldn't work. Frankly, I shouldn't have to be re-adding the email account every couple of days to begin with. It sounds like I'm not the only one who's having trouble with email on this phone, and I hope Verizon and/or HTC comes up with an acutal fix for this rather than telling me to re-add the account over and over again or downloading an email app in the Market. It's a Google email account on a Google phone, so I shouldn't be having these problems...

0 Likes
Re: Gmail Error
sethwardo1977
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am getting the same error. I deleted the account and went to add it again and get the error again 503 80345 "the password and username you entered did not authenticate with your email provider. Please try again." tried with wireless turned on turned off. Same thing. Logged into my gmail account fine on the computer so I know the username and password are fine. going to call verizon today see what they say. who else is experiencing this problem? I am on the Incredible 2.

srasnake11
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also having the same problem on my HTC Rezound. Gmail through the HTC Email app worked fine for a few days, then just stopped. I deleted the account and tried to readd it and I'm getting "503 80345: the password and username you entered did not authenticate with your email provider. please try again."

Anyone out there know a fix/workaround? Aside from using the Gmail or another email app?

jasongrange
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was on the phone with Verizon for over an hour regarding the issue. Turned on and off the phone, took out the battery, tried some kind of mail re-set. I have an HTC Rezound. Sometime yesterday my gmail stopped syncing and then I was getting the same 503 80345 error referenced above. Mind you, Yahoo and Hotmail sync just fine. Of course, Verizon was telling me this is the first they have heard of it. I sent an email to HTC and they have yet to respond. Mind you, my gmail is syncing just fine on my ipad and I have an old iphone 4--it works on that just fine. JUST MY VERIZON HTC MAIL APP is screwed up!!! Clearly this is a systemic issue! Verizon's final solution was for me to do a hard reset of my entire phone... And when it doesn't work, what then? Or when it happens again? No. Not doing that! They need to figure out what the problem is and fix it! If anyone gets an answer, please let me know!

Also... I had a hell of a time even being able to post here--every other link worked except for "reply." Makes me wonder how many others wanted to chime in about this problem but were unable to!

srasnake11
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have also emailed HTC about this issue. Hopefully, they will respond to one of us soon. I haven't contacted Verizon since it doesn't seem to be a Verzion issue. Since it's happening on the Rhyme, Incredible2, and the Rezound seems like an HTC problem.

My gmail also works fine on my iPod touch and I never had a problem with it on my Original Droid.

I considered a factory reset but I don't really want to go through the hassle if the issue is going to return anyway. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
srasnake11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good News!

I decided to try to retrace everything I had done on my phone back to the point that Gmail stopped working on the htc email app. I had downloaded and installed the Amazon App store and checked the box to "allow installation of non-Market applications". I unchecked this box and was able to sign into my Gmail account and check my messages. In order to download and install apps from the Amazon App store I will have to check this box, then remember to uncheck it so Gmail will work. It's not the ideal situation but it's better than nothing. Hope this helps!

jasongrange
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was able to log in now, but the email is not actually syncing... sigh.

Guess I will try and set up a new email client like K9.

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 10:31 AM, srasnake11

0 Likes
srasnake11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine didn't sync immediately either even though I hit refresh several times. I finally just put the phone down and checked it about 10 minutes later and my mail had started syncing.

0 Likes
jasongrange
Enthusiast - Level 2

ok... will see how it goes. Right now, calendar, mail, contacts all just

give me a red exclamation mark when I hit "sync now". Thank you very

much for keeping me in the loop on this! I will certainly pass on any new

information if I hear it.

Jason

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 11:23 AM, srasnake11

0 Likes
srasnake11
Enthusiast - Level 2

You're welcome! I'll reply back here if i hear anything else as well. Good luck! Hopefully your mail will start syncing soon. Smiley Happy

Sarah

0 Likes