Good Phone. Any way to bring it back to life?
Teaxfanatic

Greetings,

I've had this phone for a bit. I've enjoyed having this phone a lot. I left it to charge near the house sink one night and when coming back to it I found it wet. It has a phone cover and I didn't think anything of it at first but a few minutes later the screen freaked out and then it started to die. I quickly rushed to fix it by taking off the cover and drying it with a towel but now the screen doesn't come on. Any tips to save it? Will I have to go by a verizon store to see if they can take a look at it?

0 Likes
Re: Good Phone. Any way to bring it back to life?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Place in a sealed container or bag of uncooked rice for 24 or more hours. Hopefully it will turn on again.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Teaxfanatic,

I am saddened to learn that your phone has water damage! In the event the suggestion from Ann154 is unsuccessful, I am very hopeful that your device is insured. If so, to submit an insurance claim visit:http://bit.ly/07CrqPK . We are here if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Ayani_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Tom_SJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

What you need to do it soak the phone in DISTILLED water for several hours, then dry thoroughly. I did this when my girlfriend dropped her phone in the dish water. It was totally dead and I actually bought her a new phone. So I decided to experiment with the old one. Distilled water does not conduct electricity and will dissolve salts and minerals that might be shorting out the circuit.

I did the drying in a food dehydrator for 36 hours while it was set on 'low'.

The revived phone is mine now and works perfectly.

mattdpolcyn
Enthusiast - Level 1

mine took a swim in salt water but i am still in the caribbean and have no dehydrator or distilled water. I figured i have nothing to lose so im going to try soaking it in fresh water for a couple hrs and then leave it in a sealed bag of rice for a good three or 4 days. i ordered another 5 on ebay that will be at my place when i get home in a week in a half so i figured what the heck.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi mattdpolcyn,

Phones are certainly not the best swimmers! If the rice trick does not bring your phone back to life, and if you have insurance, just submit a claim for a replacement phone online http://bit.ly/07CrqPK and get a replacement phone pronto!

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes