Google Maps Navigation
SoonerFan701

I don't know if this is the right forum, but I use my phone as a GPS, or did. Since the last update, Google maps does not work properly. As long as I do not put in a destination it works fine, but as soon as I put in a destination it says that it is trying to acquire satellite. Once I take the destination out, works great again.

One more thing that is not working properly since the last update.

Don't know if this is a phone issue, or Google maps issue.

0 Likes
Re: Google Maps Navigation
Not applicable

SoonerFan701,

Thank you for your inquiry. I understand how important it can be to use Google Maps on the phone, I use mine all the time. I am not showing this issue as a known issue with the new software. First, I just want to make sure all GPS settings are turned on. Check Settings>Location & Security to see which location settings are enabled. Try turning on all 3. Also look under My Apps in the Market to see if there are any updates for Google Maps. Lastly, try clearing cache from Google Maps by going to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All>Maps>Clear data/cache. Try Google Maps again. 

Let me know if you need further assistance. 

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
there's been a couple google maps updates, are you up-to-date?

compare your version to the one in market place.
0 Likes
scottl21
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having  a similar problem.... ever since the update, the GPS will not connect at all.  I do have all 3 checked as well.  I click on navigation, the screen flashes a few times and it goes back to the main menu.  It's not just google that isn't working, it's anything that tries to find a location.  The phone will not connect with a satalite anymore

0 Likes
Dnakaman
Contributor - Level 1

Not sure if this will help you guys out, but whenever I have GPS issues, I usually will do this:

Get an app from the market called GPS status (it's free).

Next launch the app.  Hit menu->tools->manage A-GPS state->reset.

This will clear the internal GPS state, then do the same thing again but instead of reset, download.

See if that helps.

0 Likes
scottl21
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did try GPS Status the other day and I would only connect to a max of 3 sats, then they would drop........... The good news is today, after 5 days of GPS functions not working at all, it started working again.  A guy from work was having the same issue with his wife's Thunderbolt, but I forgot to check with him to see if her's was working again as well

0 Likes