Google Maps settings will not save
Wafflechunk

I've been noticing issues lately with Google Maps settings not saving on my Thunderbolt.  I'm thinking the issue with the most recent OTA update, but I'm not totally sure. 

The first thing that I've been trying to enable are the automatic check-ins.  I check the box and I get the message, "Saving selection...", followed by, "Your settings have been saved", but if I exit the settings screen and go right back in, the option is back to the way it was before.  I've attempted to fix this by uninstalling all the updates for Maps and reinstalling, signing in and out of Latitude, and even as far as factory resetting my phone.  Nothing is working.

The other thing I've been experiencing issues is when I go to get navigation directions, it always prompts me to choose between Navigation and VZ Navigator.  I always check the box to "Use by default for this action" and select Navigation, but that option never saves either.  I have tried similar things to try and fix this, including uninstalling the updates for Maps and factory resetting my phone.

Anyone else got any suggestions, tips, or tricks?

0 Likes