Google Talk Video and Voice chat
SirLliak
Has anyone had a successful video conversation or voice chat yet with google talk in 2.3.4? I keep getting network errors when trying to do it over 4g did vzw maybe block a port or something?
0 Likes
Re: Google Talk Video and Voice chat
Wildman
Legend

You assume Verizon, I would not single Google out for this bug because in my opinion they never got the software TB compatible even after update..  Try disable 4G and see if it works on 3G, if it does then they may not configured the software to see and use the 4G connection.

0 Likes
Richard86

I did some testing with my room mate and my phone.  We both have Thunderbolts.  We tried several different scenarios:

Both on 4G or 3G

Every time one of us tried to call the other one, it would kill our network connection (4G or 3G).

Both on seperate WiFi

This worked a little better.  When we tried calling eachother, it would connect for about 1 second, then disconnect.

Both on the same WiFi

This worked fine.

0 Likes
shanna7

Having the same issues here.  Skype seems to work, but only tried it for a few seconds.

0 Likes
benda18

I was able to get a vide chat session from my TB to my fiancee's laptop Sunday morning.  We were both connected to the same wifi network.  The results were turrible.  It probably took 5 attempts to connect.  Video was choppy and there was a lag between our devices. 

Have not tried since. 

0 Likes
crshinn
Contributor - Level 1

Try downloading the Tango app from the market place.

https://market.android.com/developer?pub=Tango

0 Likes
mike2adam1

Have Bionic - tried google talk & got nowhere - Tango works just fine!

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I have had better luck with Tango or Qik but I never got any that had smooth video transmission.

0 Likes