Google Voice SMS stops updating after 2.11.605.5
JRAHNBO2
Contributor - Level 2

I use Google Voice for almost all my SMS text messaging.  Since the TB was updated to 2.11.605.5 I've noticed that when not on Wi-Fi that Google Voice inbound SMS will sometimes not alert on the phone and even when going in to the app directly and using the refresh option that new messages will not display.  This is despite having a strong and useful 4GLTE connection.  Today, for example, I know I had 4 SMS messages come in around 1pm as observed on a PC version of Google Voice.  I didn't open them because I wanted to wait and see how long it would take the TB to automatically notify me of these messages. Two hours later the message never appeared.  I sent an SMS to my GVOICE number from the TB's internal SMS facility and that kicked in the alert.  When I swiped down to check on the alert it showed the messages I just sent and all the earlier messages appeared.  This doesn't happen all the time, just often enough to be annoying.  Anyone else have the same issue or suggestions? GVOICE is the latests available to me at 0.4.2.36.

0 Likes
Re: Google Voice SMS stops updating after 2.11.605.5
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Google voice notifications have always been a bit flakey for me.  The best way is to just set it to turn text forwarding on under Voicemail and Text from the website which will send an alert to your gmail account.  Tends to be much more reliable and you can turn off the background sync on the google voice app to save some battery. 

0 Likes
Re: Google Voice SMS stops updating after 2.11.605.5
JRAHNBO2
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks for the suggestion.  Wouldn't that be similar to "Receive text messages on this phone" where SMS gets sent to your phone inbox as well as the Google Voice inbox?  I was doing that for a while but turned it off because there were then two copies of every text message and it became difficult to keep track of what had been replied to.

0 Likes